Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with 9.11 Beta2 and Karmic Koala on an acer revo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya all, I'm a Linux noob so go easy on me if there's an obvious answer to my problems.

I've recently installed Karmic Koala Linux and the new 9.11 beta2 of XBMC on an Acer revo 3610. I'm using the Confluence skin.
I've got XBMC up and running and it plays all my media perfectly, the HD playback is first class with no skipping at all. All my media is streaming via UPNP from a Synology DS409 NAS.

I've been having lots of issues with the library, no matter how hard I try I can't get any of my 1500 movies or TV shows added to it and the scrapers return no results at all. I'm sure XBMC is conected to the internet as I'm recieving weather updates okay.
All my movie's file names are simply the movie name followed by the year in brackets. eg: Halloween (1982). This should be perfect for scraping.

If I manually add a movie to the library from the file view it gives me the message 'DONE xx00000002' and it does add the movie to the library but as a blank entry with no name. I can manually add a name in the library but the scraper gives me a similar 'Done xx00000004' when I try and do a movie info lookup.
I'm sure I've set up the scrapers and media types correctly for my folders.

I even used Ember media manager to download all possible posters, nfos and fanart in all possible formats and had it reorganise my movies into their own individual folders.

But XBMC is still refusing to display any movie info or posters after a scan!

I'm completely stumped right now, so any help would be appreciated.

On another note, whenever I press the # key my system locks up. XBMC is still running but the screen resizes to the smallest resolution, a black cross appears in the middle of the screen and my mouse and keyboard stop working. Anybody know why?

Thanks a lot guys and gals
Okay... so I've solved my own problem. I couldn't get any media info as I was using UPNP for sharing my media, and media info can't be shared by UPNP apparently!

So after 3 hours of trying I've managed to set up SMB shares and all my media data, posters and fanart are displaying perfectly, and XBMC lookups are working too.

I'm still having the issue with XBMC crashing when the # key is pressed. I think it might be something to do with changing the screen resolution, can anyone confirm if that's what the # key does?

Thanks