Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding Documentaries to the Library [NatGeo/Etc]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone come up with a solution to add specials to the XBMC library? For example I have a lot of National Geographic documentaries, BBC, Discovery, SyFy chan, & etc...

These aren't movies and aren't TV series but I'd really love them to be in the library w/ the rest of the collection.
i'm also having the same problem. can't get a good scrape for any of my nat geo specials. does anyone know how to manually add it to the library??
You could create your own NFO files that would be added to the library - see the wiki
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp..._nfo_Files

I know there are media management tools that could be used to help create the files, and you'd have to do some web searching to find the info you need, but they would then scan to the library. Might be the only alternative if no scraper is available.

If you know of a site that would catalog all this kind of information, maybe a scraper could be built?
There is simply a lack of internet scrapable sources for documentarys. tvdb policy is quite tight on this so we are essentially out of luck unless someone decides to create one.
Thetvdb seems to have a lot of specials.
I just don't know how or where i want em stored.
The one off specials are maybe better in movies then in tv shows for my use.