Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] XBMC freezes on mp3 playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I am trying out XBMC on a windows Home server PP3 using the XBMC 9.11 rc1 that was released today. I have tried older versions with the same problem. Every time I play a mp3 the music plays fine however the cursor and keyboard become unresponsive inside xbmc. I can ctrl-alt-del and close xbmc without problem. The files are found locally on the windows pc. I can play a movie without any problems whatsoever. After the song finishes the keyboard and mouse work again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard it has nivdia 9400 audio and hdmi video the log file is http://pastebin.com/m32525ad3
The debug log will likely tell you the story.
Ok, Problem is caused by milkdrop_win32dx if it is the virtualization to use the xmbc freezes. Not sure what it is though..
as jmarshall said, look in the debug log file. You're missing the msvc?90.dll's which are normally installed with the installer. If the vs2008 redist pack included in the installer won't work on windows server try to get a version for it.
I have downloaded and installed the vs2008 redist pack more than once to no avail... Any more suggestions?
Nope. Maybe windows server needs a special treatment? All I can say is that in your latest debug log the msvc?90.dlls are missing:
Code:
00:02:46 T:5592 M:2794401792   ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load MSVCP90.dll (126)
00:02:46 T:5592 M:2794401792   ERROR: LoadLibrary('MSVCP90.dll') failed
00:02:46 T:5592 M:2794401792   ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load MSVCR90.dll (126)
00:02:46 T:5592 M:2794401792   ERROR: LoadLibrary('MSVCR90.dll') failed
On a site note not sure if it fits to your env but if you're using windows 64bit you need the 32bit redist package as XBMC is a 32bit app.
Yes, the VC runtimes are x64/x86 specific. But you can have them both installed just in case Tongue I did that to be certain everything worked (including other programs that use it) Smile
I also get this problem on Windows 7 ultimate x86:

http://pastebin.ca/1728724

I let the installer complete and a search for msvcr90.dll shows several under windows sxs and one in Winamp's folder.

I'm getting the same problem with Milkdrop.
I found I had to set my Visualizations to None to get mp3s to work properly...
MilkDrop will only work on 9.11 beta 1, and that is before the preset fix was applied Sad

Any later version, and I get the msvcp90.dll and msvcr90.dll errors... could it have something to do with the vs2008 redist changing between those versions?

please help!
I learned that on some setups the msvcp errors can be ignored. They appear on my WinXP client whereas they won't show on my Win7 64 Bit client. On both XBMC runs without a problem and with milkdrop.
Atm I have no idea what could causing this.
Hi there,

I had the same problems on Win XP and solved them by removing the msvc*90.dll that were spread across the whole system - even those in the windows/system(32) folder as only the ones in the WinSxS folder should remain. And by the way - there are a lots of other msvc*X0.dlls around in other folders (e.g. programms) - I had to remove them all (even the 70s versions in order to get rid of the run time errors and the mp3 playback crashes while in visualization mode. Now I have the 90s in the SxS folder, others in system32 and Sxs. Seems to be tricky cause there is less chances to tell the system where to look.

... and by the way - take a look at the systems path - sometimes even there are surprises.

h3ll
Pages: 1 2