Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Commercial Skipping Not working on both Windows and Mac in Library Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a myth backend which is recording & flagging commercials.

i've added the myth source in 2 different ways - one source is a with myth://[user:password]@mythbackend-ip source, and the other source is simply a shared folder (volume source).

in file mode, the myth:// source plays fine and interprets the commercial flags fine and skips commercials.

In library mode, it doesn't detect the edl info.

So, i renamed the show and put it into a shared folder and use xbmc regex to update the library in xbmc - this works fine. i manually created an edl file named same as the mpg file of the show. xbmc detects and interprets edl info and seems to skip commercials, BUT, it renders FF and REW inoperable. Also it doesn't seem to detect the edl information the same way that playing the video from the myth:// source does.

edl from the myth:// source is displayed as edl:b#1s#2

whereas

edl from the shared volume simply shows up as edl:c#.

i'm using SVN XBMC 9.11-RC1 R25756 on a mac...

i've tried same thing with SVN 9.11-beta 2 R25483 on a PC with same results.

also note that it almost seems as if it's completely redefined my ff/rew keys - pressing ff restarts the video, pressing rew ff's the video. also note that the time slider cannot detect the length of the video... & the end time is the current time. here's a pic:

Also when the show first starts playing, it flips from play to pause mode continuously about 20 times before it starts to play...

if i take the edl file out of the folder with the tv show, all above problems go away & video plays fine - just no commercial skips...

pastebin to a recent log where i tried to play and/or ff/rew the file:
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/m4a314fe6

the edl file is simply this (time in sec):
0.0 32.33 0
444.51 596.03 0
1130.03 1341.68 0
1770.90 1992.36 0
2465.57 2731.5 0

all white space is tabs

there's a thread in the development area that suggests this was fixed a while back - am i doing something wrong or is this still a problem?

thx, Jay
answering my own post...

found a couple of issues:
-the test file i was using seems to have a problem - i tried a few other files and they seemed to work ok, BUT
-it does seem that if the first commercial starts precisely at time 0, that xbmc gets thrown off during the library update. so, instead of first time window starting at 0.0 as obtained from mythcommflag --getskiplist -f name-of-file, i started it at 0.1...

now it seems to work - the time slider reports the correct, but adjusted for skips, amount of time, and ff/rew work correctly...
Please supply a full debug log for any problems. The log that was posted above doesn't have anywhere near enough information to diagnose what might be going wrong.
Commercial skip for MythTV content will only work for content played through myth://

XBMC does all the heavy lifting, so to speak, of loading the associated commercial markers from mythbackend and converts them to time offsets based on the detected frame rate of the video stream.

If you want to load content into the library through a Samba share or similar by pointing directly to the files and you want to retain commercial skip support you will need to create the EDL file manually.

BTW: You can set the content directly on the Movies folder within myth:// and these will be added directly to the XBMC library so you can play them from there (with commercial skip support included). Being able to add the TV Shows folder to the XBMC TV Shows library will be added after the 9.11 release.

More information on the wiki at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV
I would like to know what the format for comskip.txt is supposed to be. I am trying to eliminate the need for a computer by offloading all information that XBMC requires from MythTV to my NAS. No point in having two computers do the job of one. So what should be in the comskip file?

I want to have MythSExx (soon to be called mythicalLibrarian) generate EDL/Comskip data.

I am subscribed to this thread.
Here's my mythtv edl generator. I'm testing it, but it pretty much works.
Code:
#Remove old and generate a EDL Start list
    rm $MythSExx/markupstart.txt
    mysql -u$MySQLuser -p$MySQLpass -e "use '$MySQLMythDb' ; select mark from recordedmarkup where starttime like '$ShowStartTime' and chanid like '$ChanID' and type like "4" ; "|replace "mark" ""|replace " " "">>$MythSExx/markupstart.txt

#Remove old and generate  EDL Stop list
    rm $MythSExx/markupstop.txt
    mysql -u$MySQLuser -p$MySQLpass -e "use '$MySQLMythDb' ; select mark from recordedmarkup where starttime like '$ShowStartTime' and chanid like '$ChanID' and type like "5" ; "|replace "mark" ""|replace " " "">>$MythSExx/markupstop.txt

#get framerate data for generation of a time based markup
    BashSExxframerate=`ffmpeg -i "$3" 2>&1 | grep "tbr, "|sed 's/tbr, .*//'|awk '{ print $NF }'`

#Set up counter, remove old markup data and generate new markup file from markupstart and stop
    MythSExxCounter=0;
    rm "$MythSExx/markupdata.txt"
    while read line
        do
        MythSExxCounter=`expr $MythSExxCounter + 1`;
        StartData=sed -n "$MythSExxCounter"p "$MythSExx/markupstop.txt"
        let StartData=StartData/BashSExxframerate
        StopData=sed -n "$MythSExxCounter"p "$MythSExx/markupstop.txt"
        let StartData=StartData/BashSExxframerate
        echo "$StartData $StopData 1">>"$MythSExx/markupdata.txt"
    done <"$MythSExx/markupstop.txt"
dteirney Wrote:Please supply a full debug log for any problems. The log that was posted above doesn't have anywhere near enough information to diagnose what might be going wrong.

here's a debug log to problem referenced in thread opening.
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/m6d592f1b

the edl file i used while playing this file is:
0 32.3323 0
444.511 596.029 0
1130.03 1341.68 0
1770.9 1992.36 0
2465.57 2731.5 0

which i manually constructed.
@jaygardner can you please create a Trac ticket for the issue. I have reviewed the log and there is definitely stuff going on that shouldn't be.
opened Ticket #8239...