Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC not adding episodes with NFO files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having difficulty getting XBMC to add a series to my library. I'm using 9.11 RC1 and Confluence.

The folder structure is

-TV
--Generation Kill
---Season 1

The filenames are Generation.Kill.Part1....mkv - i.e. not S01E01. I'd quite like to keep the filenames intact, so I placed NFO files in the folders as specified by the Wiki:

tvshow.nfo in the Generation Kill folder:

Code:
<tvshow>
        <title>Generation Kill</title>
        <episodeguide>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/82109/all/en.zip<episodeguide>
        <!-- select the correct seriesid and language (en.zip) -->
        <rating>8.0</rating>
        <episode>0</episode>
        <plot>A Rolling Stone reporter, embedded with The 1st Recon Marines chronicles his experiences during the first wave of the American-led assault on Baghdad in 2003.</plot>
        <genre>Action and Adventure / Drama</genre>
        <premiered>2000-07-13</premiered>
        <studio>HBO</studio>
    </tvshow>

and .NFO files identically named to each video file e.g.:

Code:
<episodedetails>
        <title>Get Some</title>
        <rating>7.00</rating>
        <season>1</season>
        <episode>1</episode>
        <plot>Marines prepare to invade Iraq at the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom.</plot>
        <credits>David Simon / Ed Burns</credits>
        <director>Susanna White</director>
        <aired>2008-07-13</aired>
</episodedetails>

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing incorrectly? Thanks Smile
You still need to match the episode files via regexp.

You can easily do this using something like:

<regexp>Part([0-9]+)</regexp>

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks,

Should I add that to advancedsettings.xml under <tvshowmatching> ? I'm pretty new to XBMC and Regexp is Voodoo to me anyway Smile

I'm disappointed that the behaviour of NFO files didn't match my expectations - I'd imagined it as a fairly powerful way to add *any* file into the library, regardless of the naming convention, which I would have thought fairly useful. Is there any point in submitting a feature request, or would this be too far from the original design brief of the function?

Thanks again
The library is getting a rewrite. I shall keep this in mind.