Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What is responsable of the video upconconversion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to us XBMC in my home theater but I am curious what is responsible for the image upconversion, XBMC or the video card in my mac? The reason I ask is that in my home theater I have an external video processor, the Iscan VP50. So I have an sdi modified dvd player so that I can get the pure 480i signal from the dvd player to my VP50, the picture is a lot sharper this way that it is letting the Denon 3910 do the up conversion. I currently have my mac hooked up the my front projector via hdmi and I am not happy with the way dvd's look, they are very soft. I have my computer set up to 1920x1080. I would like to be able to output a 480i signal from the computer into the VP50, but if I am using XBMC I don't think this is possible. All of this got me thinking about what in the computer is actually responsible for the upconversion and how can I improve that if I can get a 480i or 480p signal out of the computer?

Thanks,
Steve
speters415 Wrote:I am trying to us XBMC in my home theater but I am curious what is responsible for the image upconversion, XBMC or the video card in my mac? The reason I ask is that in my home theater I have an external video processor, the Iscan VP50. So I have an sdi modified dvd player so that I can get the pure 480i signal from the dvd player to my VP50, the picture is a lot sharper this way that it is letting the Denon 3910 do the up conversion. I currently have my mac hooked up the my front projector via hdmi and I am not happy with the way dvd's look, they are very soft. I have my computer set up to 1920x1080. I would like to be able to output a 480i signal from the computer into the VP50, but if I am using XBMC I don't think this is possible. All of this got me thinking about what in the computer is actually responsible for the upconversion and how can I improve that if I can get a 480i or 480p signal out of the computer?

Thanks,
Steve

Set your computer to 480i/p and then your fancy box will do the upscale. XBMC will pickup and use the computer's setting.