Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: restoring removed CD source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a 9.11 beta 1 on Ubuntu 9.10. I did a dumb thing; while in the music section I removed my cd/dvd drive as a source and I have been unable to restore it. Everything I have tried to add comes up as an invalid path. The cd is "/dev/sr0" I believe. Following some advice in a thread I tried adding:

"/dev/sr0/media/cdrom0 udf.iso9660 user,auto,exc,utf8 0 0"

I also tried "noauto" in the above

I also tried removing and reinstalling XBMC without success.

Can anyone tell me how to get back my CD as a source?
Make sure you've got the udev package installed and running, 'sudo apt-get install udev'. Then reboot.

The device /dev/cdrom should point to the CD-ROM device automatically after that.
Thanks for your input i installed udev per instructions and edited my source in XBMC but I still get an invalid path message.
I think it is time for a reinstall.
pashdown Wrote:I think it is time for a reinstall.

I agree, I tried a reinstall and ended up with exactly the same configuration and problem that I started with. I noticed during the install that synaptic didn't download packages but just found them on my computer and reinstalled them. I then tried marking the installed packages for complete removal and then I reinstalled them. This time synaptic downloaded the packages from the repositories, but I still have the same issue - There must be some configuration file(s) left behind when XBMC is removed; I don't know what they are or where they are hiding.

Any ideas?
As incredibly stupid as this may sound... add a source, manually set path to d:\, it'll tell you it can't find it, say add anyway. Hooray for hardcoded xbox cruft!
althekiller Wrote:As incredibly stupid as this may sound... add a source, manually set path to d:\, it'll tell you it can't find it, say add anyway. Hooray for hardcoded xbox cruft!

Holy Crap! It worked! (It actually changed to d:/ when I hit "enter") Who would have thought I'd be back using dos in linux in 2009.

Thankyou, Thankyou, kind sir.

Howesound