Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: make Error 1 - VdpPictureInfoMPEG4Part2..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[SOLVED - NVIDIA]
[SOLVED - ATI]

Hi!

Trying to install latest SVN (25932). No problems while running ./bootstrap && ./configure, but when doing "make" i run into trouble.

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/temp/25936/xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9/xbmc'
make -C xbmc
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xbmc/temp/25936/xbmc'
g++ -MD -c -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/local/share/xbmc\"" -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -D'SVN_REV="25935"' -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I../ -I. -Ilinux -Icores -I../guilib -Iutils -IFileSystem -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Icores/dvdplayer -Icores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Platinum -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaServer -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaConnect -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaRenderer -Ilib/libUPnP/Neptune/Source/System/Posix -Ilib/libUPnP/Neptune/Source/Core -Ilib/libcdio/libcdio/include -I/home/xbmc/temp/25936     -I/usr/include/fribidi     -I/usr/include/libpng12         -I/usr/include/ -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -I/usr/include/freetype2       -I/usr/include/alsa               -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include   -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include   -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL   -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include   -I/usr/include/lzo Application.cpp -o Application.o
In file included from cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.h:28,
                 from Application.cpp:235:
cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/vdpau.h:76: error: ‘VdpPictureInfoMPEG4Part2’ does not name a type
make[1]: *** [Application.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/temp/25936/xbmc'
make: *** [xbmc/xbmc.a] Error 2

Running Ubuntu Jaunty, packages installed: http://pastebin.com/m63accab5

So.. what am I doing wrong?
//m
i have the same problem, latest svn.
gentoo with a non-oficial ebuild (i like the autostart and still hadn't time to try the oficial ebuild).
Tried again, with SVN 25946.
Same error..
Same error with SVN 25965.

No one else is complaining about this error, so I guess i'm the only one with this problem? It's strange though, it's all the same as before but just not working.

Please help! Smile
make clean or make distclean. a new ffmpeg was merged and ffmpeg is always twitchy about it's builds.
Hi davilla!

Thanks for the reply..

I pulled a brand new svn, brand new download. Never compiled, nothing. I did bootstrap/configure/make but I get the exact same error!

Really weird.. any help appreciated.. :S
//m

davilla Wrote:make clean or make distclean. a new ffmpeg was merged and ffmpeg is always twitchy about it's builds.
I am also getting this error on Karmic. I've tried 25976 and 25913, same error.
might look into your nvidia driver header versions, VdpPictureInfoMPEG4Part2 is new.
I'm stuck on this as well. Have tried make reallyclean and make distclean, but still get the error posted earlier.

I'm using an ATI card, if that's of interest.

ST
Shotgun Ted Wrote:I'm stuck on this as well. Have tried make reallyclean and make distclean, but still get the error posted earlier.

I'm using an ATI card, if that's of interest.

ST

try:

configure --disable-vdpau

EDIT:
svn up

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/25980

that should fix it.
OK, it's working now. I used an old NVIDIA driver (180.*) before. Downloaded 190.53, installed it and now all is good.

Quick HOWTO:
- When installing a new NVIDIA driver we got to shutdown X, open a console and run:
Code:
/etc/init.d/gdm stop
- You might need to ALT-F1 to find a prompt. Login and navigate to a place you want to put your install package. Then DL like this:
Code:
wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/190.53/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg1.run
- Make sure its executable..
Code:
chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg1.run
- Backup your old xorg.conf..
Code:
sudo cp -a /etc/X11/xorg.conf .
- Install the package by doing..
Code:
./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg1.run

The installation is easy. Just don't overwrite your old xorg.conf, other then that it's basically 'Yes' on all questions. That should be it...

//m
davilla Wrote:try:

that should fix it.

Thanks davilla - that did the trick.

ST