Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installation of XBMC LIVE Camelot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm installing xbmc live. I'm a pretty quick typer so I'm going to keep a log of any errors I see here as they flash by on the screen.

I used guided partitioning mode and I selected to use the entire disk.
Code:
[!!]  Install the system
Installation step failed
An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else.  The failing step is: Install the system

Ok, so i hit continue

I'm repartitioning the disks again using the same method.

Creating ext4 file system for / in partition #1.... same error at 33%

Tried LVM

Partitions formatting
Creating ext4 file system for / in partition #1 of LBM VG XBMCLive, LV root...
33%

It seems that I wasted a CD... The same error. An installation step failed...
I guess you missed the post on xbmc.org about the live CD not working properly?

http://xbmc.org/team-xbmc/2009/12/24/xbmc-9-11-camelot/

"
Update: It looks like there’s a problem with the live installer causing installation to fail. Please hold tight while we look into it.

Update #2: Turns out the live issue was brought on by a last-minute upstream change. We’ll get this fixed ASAP, though due to the holidays, we ask for your patience.
"
yeah I missed it

I noticed that alot of the packages are missing. I'm looking at the #4 console and it's saying
libnewt0.52
libuuid1
ext2-modules
partconf-mkfstab
squashfs-modules
apt-setup-udeb
efi-modules
are all missing.

I hit ctrl-c and it gave me a list of the tail which flashed by too quickly to see.
Reinstall rc-1 then follow the update method via console (putty). Worked for me.
hey thanks. I actually run ubuntu on my desktop, so I just use the same terminal I use to get to my own prompt.

I didn't realize Camelot final came out until I found out a few hours ago. I immediately installed it. I knew there would be problems like there always is in XBMC Live releases so I started this thread. I reinstalled rc1 and aptitude upgraded it.
tslayer Wrote:I guess you missed the post on xbmc.org about the live CD not working properly?

http://xbmc.org/team-xbmc/2009/12/24/xbmc-9-11-camelot/

"
Update: It looks like there’s a problem with the live installer causing installation to fail. Please hold tight while we look into it.

Update #2: Turns out the live issue was brought on by a last-minute upstream change. We’ll get this fixed ASAP, though due to the holidays, we ask for your patience.
"
Arrrggg ... had I only read this earlier. I spent the last 3 hours trying to get XBMC Live to install and getting the same error over and over again. Hopefully this will be fixed soon but I understand this may take some time considering the holidays. Merry Xmas!
live system is working quite well but indeed installer is broken
I'm actually glad it didn't destroy my win partitions
now patiently waiting for fixed live image because camelot looks AWESOME

can't wait to put it on my revo

kudos to the team!
as was stated earlier, you can grab the RC1, then copy the following to a file called /home/xbmc/upgrade.sh
Code:
#! /bin/bash
if [ "$null" = "$mynewrandomvariablewhichissolongitcouldnotpossiblybedefined" -a "$updateXBMC" = "$updateXBMC" ]; then
    let oneplusone=1+1
    aptitude update
    aptitude upgrade
    echo "ha ha you could have just typed sudo aptitude update then sudo aptitude upgrade"
fi
then type

Code:
sudo chmod +x /home/xbmc/upgrade.sh
then

Code:
sudo /home/xbmc/upgrade.sh
Heh
i just spent 3 hours trying to install this as well. hopefully the update is out soon.
The repack was posted a couple hours ago. I just installed it successfully. Go to the download page and you can now grab it.
im on a Acer Aspire Revo 1600, downloaded the Repack, the install still is not working.
speedemonV12 Wrote:im on a Acer Aspire Revo 1600, downloaded the Repack, the install still is not working.

make sure you actually got the repack then, the filename ends in repack. I just successfully installed this on a Revo 1600 so it does work.
i could have sworn that I had, how are you partitioning your disk? Guided or Manual?

and are you installing from CD or USB?

I have wiped out the XP install that came with the revo and planned on having just XBMC installed.
speedemonV12 Wrote:i could have sworn that I had, how are you partitioning your disk? Guided or Manual?

and are you installing from CD or USB?

I have wiped out the XP install that came with the revo and planned on having just XBMC installed.

I installed from a USB CD-rom drive. On the Revo I installed it to an 8gig SD card so I chose manual partitioning so I could select the SDcard. It installed to it without issue.

I have a second Revo that I'm going to try a clean install on but on that one I'm just going to install to the HD so on that one I'll probably just do Guided and select the whole HD. I'll be doing that one shorty so If I run into problems, I'll let you know.

Edit: update, just installed to a second Revo 1600 using the Guided partitioning to the hd and it installed fine.
Pages: 1 2 3