Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video playback too wide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cheers Jonathan,

You lost me a bit with that one Huh - Is this issue still going to be looked into?

Regardless of what standards should have been used where, or what software player is doing what correct/incorrectly, the files are still being stretched too much.

Should I be logging a proper Bug Report for this?
Try r26996
Due to the recent loss of your forums posts, I thought I'd re-post here to confirm that the issue's been fixed.

Thanks for your efforts with this!

Much appreciated.
Just wondering if this issue was fixed by r26996.

I made the change and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm playing back MPEG-2 DVB-T rips under Music Videos.

Under 'Normal', it shows as 1.82:1 AR. To make it look correct, I had to use Stretched 16:9 mode which gives 1.77:1 AR. The actual video file seems to have the normal 16/9 anamorphic flag on.
Never mind.. I applied the changes against 9.11 and it didn't work.

Compiled and installed trunk and its all good now.
Hi! I think i have the same problem here...
Ive calibrated the overscan in xbmc to perfect match, and set the overscan error accept to 0%, and it looks great in the menus, but as soon i play a video i notice a bit overcan anyway Sad
For ex, in a trailer from the apple plugin so is only half of the apple logo in right bottom corner visible, and if i press pause then the top half of the osd menu "Pause" is cut off.
Ive tried this in 31755 and 31827, and i'm running Win 7 x64.
if you have auto refreshrate on, it may have changed resolution and you must calibrate while playing to correct here.
elupus Wrote:if you have auto refreshrate on, it may have changed resolution and you must calibrate while playing to correct here.

Thank you, that did the trick!
Pages: 1 2