Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding mounted drives as video sources?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm pretty new to the Live/Linux arena. All my movies are loaded onto a couple of USB drives. In windows I was able to browse all drives and make them a single source.

I'm using usbmount and both drives are mounted. When I go to "videos" I have three entries: VALA (drive 1), VECTOR (drive 2), and Add Source. I went to "Add Source" thinking I could bundle them by browsing. It was a no-go. The only choice I have to browse local disks is "Home Folder". The rest are all network/etc.

How can I "browse" local drives? Do I need to add a symlink from the home folder to the drives? Can I edit some .xml file and create a "MEDIA" entry (just like the "Home Folder" one) that would point to the location where the disks are mounted?

I tried looking for "Home Folder" with grep, but all the files that it found are skin specific.

Any help will be appreciated,
delirial
This still needs addressed on linux. ATM the easiest solution is to just type the path to the mount point in the add source dialog.
althekiller Wrote:This still needs addressed on linux. ATM the easiest solution is to just type the path to the mount point in the add source dialog.

In case anyone else needs to achieve this, I tried using a symlink and it worked like a charm (as long as you are willing to have the "shortcut" in your home dir, which is not ideal for neat-freaks like me..).

Code:
ln -s /media/VECTOR ~/VECTOR
Replace "VECTOR" with your drive's name...