Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Russian video scapers, encoding issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am having an issue with the two russian video scrapers: my russian movie filenames are encoded in UTF-8 and display correctly in XBMC. The scrapers, however, while finding the right movie, seem to download all the description in the CP-1251 encoding, which makes it unreadable in XBMC.

Is there a solution for this?

Many thanks in advance.

I am using the latest XBMC 9.11 under a minimal Ubuntu 9.10 install
proper scrapers. flag the returned xml with its encoding charset.
Thanks for coming back on that so quickly.

What do you mean by flag? Should I modify windows-1251 by UTF-8 in the first line below?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1251"?>
<scraper framework="1.1" date="2009-08-08" name="KinoPoisk" content="movies" thumb="KinoPoisk.gif" ServerContentEncoding="CP1251" language="ru">
Hi Spiff,
Can you please explain how to flag the returned xml with the proper encoding?

Also, shouldn't this be considered as a bug, given that AFAIK, UTF-8 is pretty much the default locale nowadays even on international language linux installs?

Many thanks in advance
by returned xml i mean the one returned from getdetails;
Code:
<RegExp input="$$5" output="&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;"....

add an xml header like the one the scraper xml file has
Code:
<RegExp input="$$5" output="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;windows-1251&quot;?&gt;&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;"....
Many thanks, it fixed it. I think it should be there by default.

By the way, the KinoPoisk scraper from the SVN is broken, I used the one from this post which works well except for fan-art.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...isk&page=3
Ask the author to fix it and/or file a bug report.