Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: View Trailers for my movies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I can't find the answer to my question and I hope you don't mind me posting it here, as Transparency is my skin of choice.
I've got a couple of hundred unwatched movies on my media server and when trying to decide what to watch on any given night it would be nice to have an option to view the trailer (if its available from Apples database of trailers) to help me decide.
Has this been done already and if so can you point me in the right direction? Again, sorry if this has been covered before.

Cheers
well yes, xbmc does support trailers.
you'll have to 'enable trailers' in scraper setting when you scan your movies to the library, or you can also use Ember Media Manager to download trailers.

...or do it the hard way and download a trailer for each of your movies manually.

really, there's plenty of info about trailers on the forum.

clipper99 Wrote:I can't find the answer to my question and I hope you don't mind me posting it here, as Transparency is my skin of choice.

well let's just say, i'll move all non-skin related questions to the appropriate forum. ;-)
D'OH!

I didn't realize that there was the submenu "settings" (and it was right there on the screen too) under the "set content" menu. I'll delete my library and rescan. Thanks for the remedial tutorial! Blush

cheers
ronie Wrote:well yes, xbmc does support trailers.
you'll have to 'enable trailers' in scraper setting when you scan your movies to the library, or you can also use Ember Media Manager to download trailers.

...or do it the hard way and download a trailer for each of your movies manually.

really, there's plenty of info about trailers on the forum.

well let's just say, i'll move all non-skin related questions to the appropriate forum. ;-)

But where is the 'play trailer' button for my movies? I dont see it under movie info page.
woodyearl Wrote:But where is the 'play trailer' button for my movies? I dont see it under movie info page.

it's the 'filmstrip' icon.

it's also possible to start the trailer in fanart and slide view.
ronie Wrote:it's the 'filmstrip' icon.

it's also possible to start the trailer in fanart and slide view.

dont see it anywhere.
am using win32 xbmc latest one 12/24/09 with transparancy 2.11.
woodyearl Wrote:dont see it anywhere.
am using win32 xbmc latest one 12/24/09 with transparancy 2.11.

do you see a button to play trailers in Confluence?
ronie Wrote:do you see a button to play trailers in Confluence?

nope.
looks there was a bug with scraping trailers:
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...sion=26165

should be fixed now.
How can I apply this fix to the RC1 code or do I have to install the nightly build?

Also, I can I specifiy higher quality trailers ...instead of the low quality?

Thanks
super_569 Wrote:How can I apply this fix to the RC1 code or do I have to install the nightly build?

Also, I can I specifiy higher quality trailers ...instead of the low quality?

Thanks

you'll need a nightly build, r26165 or up.

other than that, i have no knowledge of scraping trailers.
mine are all downloaded manually.
ronie Wrote:you'll need a nightly build, r26165 or up.

other than that, i have no knowledge of scraping trailers.
mine are all downloaded manually.

And where can I find this? I cant find it on xbmc.org... Sad
PussyWagon Wrote:And where can I find this? I cant find it on xbmc.org... Sad

google 'xbmc nightly builds'
I was playing with trailers as well.

I read that you can add trailers in the same folder as your movies, and name them: [moviename]-trailer.mov. When I do that, I see in the info page of movies that you can play the trailer.... but the .mov files are also scanned and shown in the movie list. How can I prevent that?
ronie Wrote:do you see a button to play trailers in Confluence?

I dont either. Anyone figured out how to get these trailers on. I found the menu, enabled it, and refreshed a movie. No idea where the playback button for the trailer is though!!! Rofl
Pages: 1 2