Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just installed XBMC on a MAC with snow leppard.
I want to add my mp3 which are on a qnap NAS. I added a remote location.

When I browse the NAS with my MAC I can see the mp3's, when I select one mp3 and tell my mac to play it with XBMC it plays it.

I also tried to mount the NAS share at my MAC, then I also see the mp3's listed. And that way I also can play the mp3's pointing it and open with XBMC.

However it won't load the music in my library. Not in both ways I tried.

What could be the problem?
Regards,
Rob
You need to scan the source to the library...
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Music_Librar...your_music
yes scanning the directory to my library didn't help. I tried that. Only the directories show, and not the files.

Yesterday a part of the files showed, when I wanted to have them all in my library I changed the permissions to 777 and I changed the onwership. And later when it didn't help I changed everything back. But since then no luck, nothing but just the directories in my library.

Regards,
Rob
anybody an idea what could cause this?
No debug log, no help Wink
ok, well since I am a noob in XBMC it doesn't mean I am a noob in pc's. I use a mixed environment. Btw I solved the issue. I have a linux box for downloading, a NAS to have storage, a mac and a windows box.

Because I like to share knowledge.
For some reason all the mp3's became system and hidden. With a simple attrib command on my windows box they became not hidden and not system.
Just "attrib /S -s -h" did the job.

Regards,
R