Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback Menu does not autohide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

When I move the mouse during playback, the menu slides out but it doesn't hide back without pressing 'M'. Is this by design? And how might I be able to reactivate autohide?

Thanks in advance Smile
I get the same problem sometimes, but not always.

If I wiggle the mouse a second time, usually then the menu will slide away after a few seconds.
I have not experienced this personally, but it's pretty irritating that moving the mouse does not show a progress meter, (I always move the mouse out of instinct, then have to wait for it to disappear or press ESC before pressing i to see the progress).
Bottom line being you can use ESC to make it go away as a workaround.
Thanks guys

Chris, I am still not getting an auto hide, but I will probably keep wiggling it before hitting M, just in case lol

Sho, I actually use 'M' at the moment as a manual way to hide the menu.

At the moment, I can either disable the mouse all together and rely on hot keys which defeats much of the convenience of a media centre. Or I can go back to PM3, which, having played with Confluence, is not preferable.

Is there anything in particular I might want to look at in the logs?
you can also right-click once to hide the menu. Just found that out now Nerd
@Chris: Hahaha yep, I've known that for a while.

The problem here is that I use Synergy, a program that shares the cursor between two computers over a network. With PM3.HD the menu hides after I take the cursor back to my laptop. With Confluence I need to use a second wireless keyboard, just so I can press 'M' after I take the cursor back.