Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SUGGESTION] Refresh menu images one at a time...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Hitcher,

I'm just going to throw this out there as a suggestion. I'm using an Zotac ION box as my HTPC. It's kind of weak on the processor side and there seems to be a moment of unresponsiveness when it updated (changes) the images in the main menu.

I'd like to suggest an option to refresh the images one at a time (perhaps with a one second delay), to ease the processor's load.

I guess I could just use a single image and avoid the load time, but I figured something could be worked out in that fashion.

Big fan of your work!
del
Been discussed before but not possible.
What about removing these bolded lines from:
Quote:<include name="Home_MainMenuIconF">
<width>349</width>
<height>260</height>
<posx>10</posx>
<posy>10</posy>
<timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>

<aspectratio aligny="top" scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
</include>

Then adding, the code below to each box, though obviously change the times for each box:

PHP Code:
<timeperimage>7900</timeperimage>
       <
fadetime>500</fadetime>
       <
randomize>true</randomize

I've been staring at it for the past 3 minutes and it seems to work well? Ronie's wall seems to use the effect...
Been there and done that I'm afraid and the results weren't pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitcherUK#p/...rvQiYOzvVI
What size are the images you're using?
Images anywhere from 960x540 to 1920x1080

I had that same effect in the video until I removed that bolded section I posted

Give it a try so far I've starred at it for like a solid 5min and it seems good Smile
I set:

Music to 9200
Movies to 7900
TV to 4600
Pics to 1900-fast just to test transitions

Seems OK so far?
Whatever <timeperimage> you use they end up changing out of sequence and then overlapping each other.
Yea it's a tough balancing act, what helped for me is some I gave a real long time like 14900, plus I'm only on the home screen for, at most, 30 seconds...I like it, actually I'm switching to this from Icons now