Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custumizable CD-Rip naming schemes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
could it at least be optional to rip cds to a path on the form artist/album/track ?
at least this is the way i like to save my files locally, and it would be really nice if i did not have to move all the ripped albums after i night of heavy ripping...
=;-)
is it possible to specify how xbmc rips a cd.

for example rip to folder
/artist /album /tracknumber_title.ext

i have found to rip to specified base directory easily enough but cant the script which controls the ripping proceedures.
no, there's currently no such option available. moving to the feature suggestions forum. ps! see the existing rfe for it on sf.net (link)
:nuts: my bad. still getting used to the xbox scene, its a bit spread out than it initally appeared to be
i have some ideas for improving mp3 ripping/playback...

1. i failed to find any opions on mp3 naming... i want a different format like this when i rip

<artist> - <album>/<trackno>. <songname>.mp3

others might want different formats again, so some sort of setup would be nice.

2. also the cddarippath tag is very limited. i would like a dialog about where to rip to, including my defined samba shares etc.

<!-- path where xbmc's cdda rips should be stored !-->
<!-- note! this must point to an existing folder. !-->
<cddarippath>f:\music\cd-rips</cddarippath>

3. the album lookup is not very good. it seems it only looks for the album title and totally disregards the artist. this makes it impossible to find some albums at all and others hard.

tnx
true, none of this is available currently - it's opensource, so anyone can add anything they like.

note you can set the cddarippath to a samba share no problems at all. adding a dialog to it for some people would be frustrating - they just want to insert 1 disk after another. possibly if it was an option in the gui it would be better, but that would require writing a file/directory dialog.

yes, it only uses album name to do allmusic.com lookups. note that this has nothing to do with cd ripping though - we use the cddb database (freedb.org) for that, which uses the disk layout/id.

cheers,
jonathan
jmarshall, if i had the software and a devkit i would contribute sourcecode. but i don't own either Sad

cddarippath as samba was not clear looking in the xml. great i will try it out.

allmusic.com lookup using only album name. you think someone could add lookup of both album and artist, because it's sad that not all albums can be found as it is... (i know it's not cddb used for this, it uses some calculated value from the number of tracks and their length or something)