Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 9.04 better than XBMC 9.11? - At least for me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I wonder if there are more people out there who liked the OpenGL version more than the current one.

I tried XBMC 9.11 on my Windows XP Laptop, but it does not work very well.

- Every time I change the category at the home screen, the background picture needs about 30 seconds to refresh

- As far as I want to play a music file, the visualation causes about 3 error messages every time I switch a page. I dont know the message text anymore, cause this error vanished after reinstalling my os.

- CPU usage is extremely high. The UI needs about 85% of my CPU which makes my Laptops fan spinning all the time. XBMC 9.04 just needs about 30% (with Vsync enabled) and it runs great with the new experience skin.

At this rate, I stay with the previos version, cause it runs way better - sadly.
Search this subforum for other threads where others have the same high cpu issue. The fix is mentioned in those threads.
It does not sound like a real fix if UI animations become choppy then. btw, is it possible to set up a custom resolution with the current xbmc?
Did you bother trying it?