Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Export video library, user supplied thumbs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have some movies that I have supplied the thumbs and fanart myself (using the browse option). However, when I export the video database into separate files, the NFO does not have any reference to the supplied thumbs or fanart. Huh

Is this the expected behaviour? How can I complete backup a video library with supplied thumbs? so I can restore it without any manual intervention.

Regards,
Thumbnail and fanart should be exported along your media files (same as the .nfo). The .nfo only holds a list of "scraped" images.
vdrfan Wrote:Thumbnail and fanart should be exported along your media files (same as the .nfo). The .nfo only holds a list of "scraped" images.

Yes, thumbs and fanart do get exported (as image files) but there are no references in them in the nfo files. Thus, ¡f I delete the database and update it again from the recently exported nfo's the manually added thumbs/fanart won't get included. Is that so? Huh

How can I export the video database so manually included thumbs or fanart get imported automatically? (I want to do that for some movies between profile libraries).

regards,
If present, the locally (previously exported) images will be used on re-scrape aka import.
vdrfan Wrote:If present, the locally (previously exported) images will be used on re-scrape aka import.

OK, thanks vdrfan. Didn't know that bit, I thought it must be indicated in the NFO file.

Regards,
local thumbs should always override.