Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Every TV Show is displayed twice HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so I have an apple tv, the latest xbmc software... I have been having this problem for a few months and hoped the new version of xbmc would have fixed this for me but it did not. All my TV Shows are showing up twice... I have deleted all the shows in the library and updated the library again and the problem still exists. I did a LOT of searching and only found a few threads saying they had the same problem but not able to really find an answer to my problem.

An interesting thing about this is when I delete all the tv shows and rescan it finds everything once, after it is done it seems to search both movies and tv shows again. and that is when everything is doubled. Also an interesting little note: when I go to delete the tv show from the library it only deletes one of the duplicates.... I have been doing some digging around and looking in the sources.xml file and a few other files in there and unable to find a solution to my problem.

**Problem has been solved.. if you experience the same problem look at my last post
XBMC seems to have two paths to the files.
I guess best would be to peek inside the database file with SQLiteSpy and see what's going on.

Have you tried clean library in settings?
sho Wrote:XBMC seems to have two paths to the files.
I guess best would be to peek inside the database file with SQLiteSpy and see what's going on.

Have you tried clean library in settings?

Yes...I have cleaned the library quite a few times with no luck... I forgot to mention that all my videos are on an external hard drive attached to the ATV..... Although none of the movies are doing it just the TV Shows so not sure if that information helps or not.
I can only recommend SQLiteSpy to see what's going on.
If you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself, I could do it if it was available.
sho Wrote:I can only recommend SQLiteSpy to see what's going on.
If you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself, I could do it if it was available.

Im on a mac so I can't run SQLightSpy... What files do you need? everything from the UserData folder?
I was able to load up SQLightspy on another computer and have the 4 .db files.... where do I look to find the database stuff where the error most likely is?
Incase anyone in the future ever has a problem like the one I had I deleted all files in this folder-> ~> Library > Application support > xbmc > userdata > database.

of course I am on a Mac/Apple TV so if you are using it via pc or linux the userdata will be in a different folder.