Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Live 9.11 Repack plays 1080p better than Ubuntu 9.10 + XBMC 9.11 PPA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've been testing every live version of XBMC (Even had the VDPAU problem in 9.11 RC1 Live).

First thing I tried was the XBMC 9.11 Live Repack, it works awesome, even on a slow jump drive, every video I throw at it works awesome especially killa sampla.

So, now that 9.11 is complete I thought I'd do a fresh complete Ubuntu 9.10 install and then add XBMC.

I did this with the nvidia-glx-185 driver that Ubuntu automatically detects, and then installed XBMC. Didn't do any edits to nvidia-settings, just started up XBMC.

I keep getting major frame loss on my 1080p clips, I know my hardware can play 1080p fine since I can do it with XBMC Live.

Am I doing something wrong in Ubuntu?
Update Nvidia driver, disable composite and come back Smile
I tried the NVidia PPA and tried installing nvidia-glx-185, 190, and 195. They all seem to act the same.

How do I disable composite? I didn't see anything in nvidia-settings.
Add this to xorg.conf:

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection
I had no idea that had to be done. Is that only since 9.11, or has the issue always been there?
how does this frame loss look mate? as i have a few probs with playback now that i've done a full ubuntu install, with xbmc on top, using an asrock 330.

looks like the screen flickers slightly every few seconds?
I do a combination of watching for skips in the video and watching the video diagnostics (hit the letter O on the keyboard while playing video) and it tracks dropped frames.
Well, I just did a fresh install on my Zotac IONITX-A Motherboard, and it seems to play fine with the nvidia-glx-190 ppa driver in Ubuntu.

I still don't know what's wrong with my GF8200 board though, 9.11 Live works fine, I haven't tried disabling composite on it yet. I need to do a fresh install.