Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI video output problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just installed the new stable camelot release of xbmc on my asrock ion 330 system. But when the live install is loaded, and it is switching to the x-server( loading xbmc) my display is corrupt. My tv is a thomson model.

I had the same problem when installing windows 7 on the asrock, but was able to fix the problem using the nvidia graphic settings to adjust the resolution and REFRESH RATE.

Does anybody knows how to do this with the live installer from xbmc? I tried different settings in the xorg.conf, but it makes no difference.

It is hard to explain for me what the exact problem is, so i hope this picture makes it clear. XBMC isn't usable like this !!!!
The yellow part of the screen isn't showing anything. I cant even move my mouse in there !!!

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/17...1-JPG.html

Can someone please help me using this great pogram on my system?
Have you tried running the video calibration, it might be able to adjust it to fit properly within the screen.

I'm guessing the TV has a native 1366x768 resolution have you tried selecting 720p if the option is there in the resolution ?
the video-calibration wasn't sufficient to correct it. However, fooling around with a milion different xorg.conf came up with a fix. It looks to me, my tv wasn't recognised, but just entering different values sometimes will do Smile

Now the only problem i have is the confluence skin is too dark. I believe it has something to do with the xorg.conf file as well.... but i'll keep trying :-)

Thanks for your reply.
bazzzman Wrote:the video-calibration wasn't sufficient to correct it. However, fooling around with a milion different xorg.conf came up with a fix. It looks to me, my tv wasn't recognised, but just entering different values sometimes will do Smile

Now the only problem i have is the confluence skin is too dark. I believe it has something to do with the xorg.conf file as well.... but i'll keep trying :-)

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Im having a similar problem could you post a copy of your xorg.conf or let me know the settings you changed to make this work. Although my Tv is a Sanyo it may help to point me in the right direction.

Also how do you run the video calibration?

Thanks
here is the xorg.conf I am using right now.

Pls let me know if this one works for you.:

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig: version 1.0 (buildmeister@builder75) Tue Dec 8 21:04:28 PST 2009

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout0"
Screen 0 "Screen0"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# generated from default
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
ModelName "Panasonic-TV"
# Option "DPMS" "false"
# Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "TRUE"
HorizSync 15.000-68.000
VertRefresh 23.000-61.000
Modeline "1920x1080_30" 74.16 1920 2558 2602 2750 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
# Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"
# Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "True"
Option "Coolbits" "1"
Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"
Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1920x1080"
EndSubSection
EndSection

The video calibration is somewhere under your settings menu. But it is only used for correcting small overscan issues.
Odds are there's a setting regarding scan mode in the options for the input on your TV that will fix this. Samsung calls it "Just Scan". You can dick with modelines in xorg.conf all you want, but this will fix it permanently.
My TV is a Thompson, in which i can't find a setting doing such thing for me....