Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Album Art] Can't get "cover.png" recognized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using XBMC on a minimal Ubuntu-Karmic install with the latest (1:9.11-karmic1) team-xbmc packages from the PPA.

So in my research I found the XBMC looks for "folder.jpg" within folders for art. For my music, I use PNGs. "cover.png" specifically.

I found that I have to create ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with this code inside:
Code:
[size=x-small]<musicthumbs>
  <remove>folder.jpg</remove>
  <add>cover.png</add>
</musicthumbs>[/size]
But for the life of me I can't seem to get this working. (my art doesn't show) Should I disable/enable some other settings to get this to work?

Any ideas? Links to working methods I mighta missed are appreciated.

Debug Log
AddictedToMetal Wrote:I'm using XBMC on a minimal Ubuntu-Karmic install with the latest (1:9.11-karmic1) team-xbmc packages from the PPA.

So in my research I found the XBMC looks for "folder.jpg" within folders for art. For my music, I use PNGs. "cover.png" specifically.

I found that I have to create ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with this code inside:
Code:
[size=x-small]<musicthumbs>
  <add>cover.png</add>
</musicthumbs>[/size]
But for the life of me I can't seem to get this working. (my art doesn't show) Should I disable/enable some other settings to get this to work?

Any ideas? Links to working methods I mighta missed are appreciated.

Debug Log

Ok looks as though the formating was wrong for my advancedsettings.xml file. The difference was:
Code:
[size=xx-small][b]<advancedsettings>[/b]
<musicthumbs>
  <add>cover.png</add>
</musicthumbs>
[b]</advancedsettings>[/b][/size]

I totally missed the <advancedsettings> parts. Once again, user error. Even developers need to read a little more closely. Tongue
Actually, I'm faced with exactly the same "problem":
- I have ~half of the covers as cover.jpg and the other half is cover.png.

Will with "add" the png file, or is this exclusively png when I do this tweak in the advanced settings ? -- Or will I need to have two lines with the add tag, one for png and one for jpg?

Also, what's the purpose of the "remove" tag one line above? - I'm not using folder.jpg files, but I'd like to understand what I'm configuring there. Big Grin

Thanks for some help!

Regards,
Marcus
I have some similar problem. I use the "front.jpg" for my cover art. I found this advancedsettings.xml file trick and I put

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<musicthumbs>
<add>front.jpg</add>
</musicthumbs>
</advancedsettings>

but nothing is happening.... Why?
I run windows 7 and Dharma_beta4 (I tried also 9.11with no success..)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I had to remove the database and load it again in order to work! So. my problem is solved!