Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Linux xbmc ALL plugins problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there
I was looking for an multimedia center for my PC when I came accross xbmc...it works just great, plays all my movies and music without any problems...everything works just fine, except the plugins.
I've copied them to the /home/user/.xbmc/plugins/video|music folders but NONE of them don't seem to work. ALL of them do show up in xbmc but clicking on them NOTHING happens, not even any errors. I've tried adding them as source too, when i go to Add source->Video plugins for example, xbmc still sees all plugins, but I can't get into any virtual folders it allways stays at plugins://videos/
I've installed it via openSUSE's software manager from packman repo, it says xbmc-beta 9.11b2-1.pm.2.3.
I'm running openSUSE 11.2 64 bit 2.6.31.5 kernel, I have python installed version 2.6.2-6.3 (if someone knows how can I check this via the terminal please let me know) both 32 and 64 bit ones (I don't know why there are both, maybe something else depends upon it).
Anyway does anybody have a solution to this problem? I've been looking around the forum but haven't found anything similar.
If anybody needs more info to help please let me know, any help is appreciated.
Thanks

EDIT:
I also have VirtualBox installed, don't know if that matters but it does use some python libraries (i think Smile )

P.S.
And BTW does anyone know how to start xbmc in windowed mode?
I've filed a bug here
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8351
hope it helps
Thanks
Closing this to keep the discussion localized.