Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help to confirm a bug with Karaoke background in 9.11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have scratched my head all day on this issue, and would like to get confirmation from somebody that this is actually a bug.

Here's the issue : when playing karaoke files (mp3+cdg), it is not possible to see the visualization through the background.

I am using the following in advancedsettings.xml, which I believe is correct.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <karaoke>
                <defaultbackground type="viz" />
                <nocdgbackground>0</nocdgbackground>
        </karaoke>
</advancedsettings>

I tried to play with the nocdgbackground parameter, too, but no success.

What really puzzles me is that my xbmc debug.log report the following:
Code:
19:49:18 T:4068 M:1595576320   DEBUG: Karaoke default background is visualisation

But the line just after says...
Code:
19:49:18 T:4068 M:1595568128   DEBUG: Karaoke background started using [color=red]BACKGROUND_NONE[/color] mode

I have the same behavior on both Linux (Unbuntu Karmic Koala) and Windows XP. I tried 3 skins : Confluence, Transparency and PM3.HD, same results. I tried 9.04 on Windows, same issue (the Karaoke seems a bit broken in this release, actually)...

Does anybody see the same behavior? I can't find any post nor bug report about this, so I am pretty puzzled...

Thank you, and happy New Year to you all!

V.
Are you accessing your content via HTTP by any chance?

I had that problem on the Mac version over HTTP, but worked fine locally. Didn't try other sharing methods.
Romey-Rome Wrote:Are you accessing your content via HTTP by any chance?

I had that problem on the Mac version over HTTP, but worked fine locally. Didn't try other sharing methods.
The MP3/CDG files are local.

I noticed that daily builds are available, let me try them out, and I will report a bug report if that is still there.

V.
Confirmed in SVN and reported in http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8468

V.
For those interested, this was actually a misconfiguration (and I can look less stupid if I say that the documentation was confusing...)

This is the advancedsettings.xml that does work:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <karaoke>
                <nocdgbackground>false</nocdgbackground>
                <defaultbackground type="viz" />
        </karaoke>
</advancedsettings>

We have corrected the Wiki (here and here)

V.