Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streaming 720p on the Apple TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently (3 weeks ago) made the dreadful mistake of buying an apple tv along with ATVFLASH because I usually rip my blu ray dvds into appletv format using a program callled Badaboom. The problem I am having is that it wont work because the sound is way off sync with the video. Here are my questions:
1. Is there a way for me to resurrect this POS device that I spent 300 bucks on?
2. What is the best device out there that will stream 720p without any hiccups?
3. Every one is talking about the WDTV Live but I am not convinced that such a small box with a small price tag has the processing power to handle HD vide.. Am I wrong to assume that?

I have no idea what to do can someone direct me in the right location?
The ATV is limited for sure, check out crystal as a search here, its being worked on.

You were a muppet paying for ATVFlash, next time do some searching before spending money.
garyi Wrote:The ATV is limited for sure, check out crystal as a search here, its being worked on.

You were a muppet paying for ATVFlash, next time do some searching before spending money.

What is crystal?

And Yes ur absolutely right about me being a muppet paying for the software.. And it doent even work that well
CrystalHD is a piece of hardware you can stick in the appletv to allow it to play HD material much better than it can currently. The threads regarding it are towards the top of the apple help forum (the one this thread is in) so have a little looksee.

Also on this forum is the free installer. The free one really concentrates on installing XBMC though, which is all I want personally, the one you purchased does give more options.

That being said things like couch surfer are so bad as to not bother installing any way.
Can someone tell me where to find specific instructions on how to install the Broadcom Chip? I found someinstructions but they were vague.
ahmada Wrote:Can someone tell me where to find specific instructions on how to install the Broadcom Chip? I found someinstructions but they were vague.

The guide below explains well how to install the hardware. Unfortunately, the libs are not published yet, to for now, this won't help you any further. You can buy and install the hardware now and hope for Davilla (the guru of ATV) to release the libs soon.

http://rufn.it/aTV/
They are coming (osx flavor), please be patient Smile
davilla Wrote:They are coming (osx flavor), please be patient Smile

Of course we are all patient and no rush. Have everything set up and cannot wait for you to pull the trigger ;-)