Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Apple TV] BBC iPlayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
`to be honest with you I had never tried it
I have now and I see that it makes confusion between the original and modified folders
In the original you can have some alias that XBMC is then not able to resolve...
interceptor121 Wrote:`to be honest with you I had never tried it
I have now and I see that it makes confusion between the original and modified folders
In the original you can have some alias that XBMC is then not able to resolve...

I can point xbmc at the underlying file structure (to see the originals and modified folders, and view the jpg's in there), but thats not what i'd expect i have to do.

i'm expecting the iPhoto plug in to show me my events, albums etc (and if compatible with iPhoto '09, maybe faces?)
Zarch Wrote:I can point xbmc at the underlying file structure (to see the originals and modified folders, and view the jpg's in there), but thats not what i'd expect i have to do.

i'm expecting the iPhoto plug in to show me my events, albums etc (and if compatible with iPhoto '09, maybe faces?)

Yes once you have either a copy of iphoto library or you managed to define an alias on a network mount it does exactly what you say
interceptor121 Wrote:Sorry up to 5mbps in any case you don't need any of the crystalHD to play iPlayer
Even the HD channel plays just fine. You have to consider that HD Tv is 720p/1080i in UK and realistically streaming at 3200 kbits does not even give 720p full justice
XBMC has an iPhoto plug in what is that you are missing?

Interceptor,

Got my ATV today and got XBMC installed (9.11 23 Dec build)

BBC iPlayer, playing BBC HD's, "Britains greatest Railway journeys, Liverpool to Eccles" and free mem is hovering around 5,000 to 10,000kb, so that looks ok.

But CPU-XBMC constantly shows around 95-98% and the video is stuttery and the audio is way out of sync because of this.

FPS shows between 19 and 25, but mainly around 20fps.

After being lead to believe BBC HD iPlayer should work on the ATV, what am I doing wrong? Confused
What broadband speed have you got and most importantly how do you connect the ATV to the internet?
I am on Wireless N on a 8 Mbit and I occasionally get buffering but HD plays fine except scenes with lots of water (you know that it is a problem even with DVD with water)
My BBC HD audio is always out of sync too. Have posted about this before but have not seen a resolution.
dgilbert2 Wrote:My BBC HD audio is always out of sync too. Have posted about this before but have not seen a resolution.

Again you need to see how your ATV makes it to the internet.
If you are on a wireless g network you have no hopes especially if the network is in mixed mode. I have a 5 G N network and it plays fine.

To check if the wireless is the issue take your ATV and connect it to the router with an ethernet cable and try again
interceptor121 Wrote:What broadband speed have you got and most importantly how do you connect the ATV to the internet?
I am on Wireless N on a 8 Mbit and I occasionally get buffering but HD plays fine except scenes with lots of water (you know that it is a problem even with DVD with water)

My Apple-TV is using hard-wired ethernet cable into a gigbait switch, then onto my router and 10MB cable broadband.

Are you saying that you can play that BBC-HD "Britains greatest Railway journeys, Liverpool to Eccles" show fine Interceptor on your ATV?

As a test, i've just tried it on my 2.0ghz core2duo macbook over wireless and its fine. (solid 25fps and around 50% cpu) with exactly the same xbmc build and iPlayer plug-in.

So I think that rules out my infrastructure.
I tried that specific Train episode. After a massive buffering at the beginning it goes without problems. Can you try South Pacific Endless blue?
I was watching that yesterday before the crystalHD installed on my wireless N
I would have some pixelation as it always occurs when you have water moving and twice I had rebuffering but other than then no issued of audio out of sync
interceptor121 Wrote:I tried that specific Train episode. After a massive buffering at the beginning it goes without problems. Can you try South Pacific Endless blue?
I was watching that yesterday before the crystalHD installed on my wireless N
I would have some pixelation as it always occurs when you have water moving and twice I had rebuffering but other than then no issued of audio out of sync

I''ll try South Pacific in this afters..... out of interest, what CPU and fps figures are you seeing when playing these clips? (turn dbugging on to see them).
Interceptor,

Just tried that South Pacific episode other wired ethernet. FPS is hovering around 21fps (so no good) and CPU looks maxed out around 97%. This is causing juddery playback. With it being a documentary, its hard to tell if the audio is out of sync, but the video characteristics are the same as the train journey episode (not staying at 25fps), so i'd assume the audio is dropping too.

If It makes any difference, i'm playing this on a brand new ATV which was shipped with 3.0.1 code.

What CPU and FPS are you getting with and without the crystal HD card please?
(deleted)
Zarch: My findings are the same as yours although the picture seems to play ever so slightly in slow motion, but not "stuttery".

Interceptor121: its interesting your comment about the "buffering time". Mine starts within a few seconds, I wonder if you have changed a setting somehere that causes the "improvement" you see!!??

I have speed tested my ATV box over wireless and its a solid 7MBps so I do not believe that to be as issue?
dgilbert2 Wrote:Zarch: My findings are the same as yours although the picture seems to play ever so slightly in slow motion, but not "stuttery".

Interceptor121: its interesting your comment about the "buffering time". Mine starts within a few seconds, I wonder if you have changed a setting somehere that causes the "improvement" you see!!??

I have speed tested my ATV box over wireless and its a solid 7MBps so I do not believe that to be as issue?

Agree dgilbert, its ever so slightly noticable, not stuttering.

Anyway, my Broadcom HD card arrived this afternoon, i've fitted it, followed the instrcutions: http://todayguesswhat.blogspot.com/2010/...le-tv.html

And the HD iPlayer feeds work solid at 25fps and around 50% CPU. Nod (just need to check the audio fully!)

I'd certainly suggest investing in the £20 for the card. Wink
I did your debugging test
Without the card 20 fps with the card 25 fps
So yes it does make a difference
Pages: 1 2 3