Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Apple TV] BBC iPlayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've searched, but been unable to find an answer.

I am thinking of purchasing a Apple TV and using XBMC for a variety of uses:

BBC iPlayer
iPhoto
720 MKV playback (with the broadcom solution).

I'm happy there's enough info about the mkv solution.
And i've got a question posted on an existing iPhoto thread, so hopefully thats covered.

So my main lack of knowledge is regarding the BBC iPlayer plug-in.

Can anyone tell me what level of video the ATV hardware can handle from BBC iPlayer?
h264 (3200kb)
h264 (1500kb)
h264 (800kb)
h264 (480kb)

And will its 1.0ghz CPU get any help from the Broadcom add-in card?

Many Thanks
I run bbc iplayer on atv and the bbc HD channels run perfectly.

more than can be said on my mac mini running snow leopard where the iplayer refuses to work.
I assume you know that the ATV is very bad at playing HD content. But you mentioned that you are getting the Broadcom solution My advice to you is you must get the broadcom solution without it because I made the same mistake and I cant get MOST videos to work on the apple tv.

Where do you purchase the Broadcom Chip from??
garyi Wrote:I run bbc iplayer on atv and the bbc HD channels run perfectly.

more than can be said on my mac mini running snow leopard where the iplayer refuses to work.

Thanks Gary, by that you mean the 3200kb feeds? Nod

ahmada Wrote:I assume you know that the ATV is very bad at playing HD content. But you mentioned that you are getting the Broadcom solution My advice to you is you must get the broadcom solution without it because I made the same mistake and I cant get MOST videos to work on the apple tv.

Where do you purchase the Broadcom Chip from??

You assume right ahmada, I already know the limitations of the ATV.

It appears you didn't before you purchased. Wink
Can you tell me where to purchase the chip from? And how difficult is installing it?
ahmada Wrote:Can you tell me where to purchase the chip from? And how difficult is installing it?

I already replied on this thread for you: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65717
garyi Wrote:I run bbc iplayer on atv and the bbc HD channels run perfectly.

I have problems playing BBC HD on the ATV. If using "iplayer" plugin for xbmc the video runs a few seconds behind the sound and in Boxee "BBC iplayer" plugin will not play HD at all?

How and what plugin have you got BBC HD working with?

thanks
Zarch Wrote:I already replied on this thread for you: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65717

Am I allowed to say on this forum where is the best / chepaest place to buy it?
Can anyone else confirm the iPlayer bitrate level that ATV is capable of please?
the XBMC application uses up to 3200
interceptor121 Wrote:the XBMC application uses up to 3200

Yes, i've seen that on the Windows and OSX versions, but is the ATV hardware capable of 3200?
Yes it does up to 6 mbps
interceptor121 Wrote:Yes it does up to 6 mbps

Thanks for the confirmation! Great News. Big Grin

Just need to get a solution for the iPhoto plugin and the broadcom card code released and i'll be hitting that buy button! Big Grin
Sorry up to 5mbps in any case you don't need any of the crystalHD to play iPlayer
Even the HD channel plays just fine. You have to consider that HD Tv is 720p/1080i in UK and realistically streaming at 3200 kbits does not even give 720p full justice
XBMC has an iPhoto plug in what is that you are missing?
interceptor121 Wrote:XBMC has an iPhoto plug in what is that you are missing?
I just can't get it to work.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37313&page=15

Thinking of raising a bug report, but the guy who wrote the plug-in (d4rk) hasn't logged onto the forum since May of last year (according to his profile!) Huh
Pages: 1 2 3