Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with NFO files on TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all...

Here's the problem, I have The Simpsons tv show and when I added to the XBMC library it was added with the default language in the thetvdb, english. Now, I want to convert that to spanish, so I read that with the NFO files I can do this and created a file called "thesimpsons.nfo" inside the root folder of the tv-show with the following url inside:

http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=71663&lid=16

which is the tvshow link in spanish. But when a make a "refresh" of the tvshow it always brings me the english version, not the spanish. I even delete the show from the library and added it again, same result.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance
language in scraper settings?
not really, because I want all other tv shows in english except for The Simpson, so that's not an option. That's why I'm trying it by a nfo file.

Thanks
Set contents on The Simpsons individually (remember to tick folder contains only one tv show).
Thanks for the tip, didn't know that you can set individual scan options, but it didn't work out No

I deleted the entire tv-show again and scan for new content and it brings the content in english...

I have the following set up:

Series -> Folder which contains all the tv-shows and it has Thetvdb scrapper in english

Series-The Simpson -> Folder that contains the specific tv show and (according as you said) I set content to that folder in the file mode to tv show, Thetvdb scrapper and in spanish
OK, I have no personal experience in this language stuff, I just made an (not so?) educated guess based on previous experience with such workarounds.
So until spiff notices this thread you are probably best off storing the Simpsons in another folder (not under series) and setting contents for that show separately if you want this to work.
Works fine for me, make sure you refresh all info (on the show and all the episodes).
sho Wrote:Works fine for me, make sure you refresh all info (on the show and all the episodes).

Can you tell me what did you do? or was the things you told me?

Thanks
I did exactly what I tried to tell you.
I went out of library mode, set contents on the Simpsons folder, making sure 'es' was selected in tvdb scraper settings (along with override banner language something). Then I refreshed the show along with all episodes and voilĂ .. Bart, el general!
ok, I will try that again this afternoon...

thanks for everything...