Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug or just the way it is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have quite a serious issue arising with XBMC on my mini.

But it may not be XBMC persay, I cannot say when it began but I would give an educated guess as to when I installed Snow Leopard.

Basically my mini is hooked up to my TV twice. The one 'screen' has XBMC running 24/7 and the other 'screen' has the desktop to allow me to do other things.

I have the TV on the XBMC screen and VNC in from my mac book to do things on the desktop. I am not taxing the mini too much in that if I do VNC to the desktop its just to run VUze or something.

Anyhow, if video is playing on XBMC and I VNC into the mini, the video completly losing sync with the audio, and its not something that can be fixed with the lip sync, its miles out. If you come back out of the VNC it will sometimes eventually correct itself, but sometimes I have to actually restart XBMC to get to a stage where video works again

Its not an issue with 5.1 surround sound, only with standard stereo from AVis, MP4s etc.

I am going to try and reproduce to get a log, but I am not confident the log will be able to tell anything.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
garyi Wrote:I have quite a serious issue arising with XBMC on my mini.

But it may not be XBMC persay, I cannot say when it began but I would give an educated guess as to when I installed Snow Leopard.

Basically my mini is hooked up to my TV twice. The one 'screen' has XBMC running 24/7 and the other 'screen' has the desktop to allow me to do other things.

I have the TV on the XBMC screen and VNC in from my mac book to do things on the desktop. I am not taxing the mini too much in that if I do VNC to the desktop its just to run VUze or something.

Anyhow, if video is playing on XBMC and I VNC into the mini, the video completly losing sync with the audio, and its not something that can be fixed with the lip sync, its miles out. If you come back out of the VNC it will sometimes eventually correct itself, but sometimes I have to actually restart XBMC to get to a stage where video works again

Its not an issue with 5.1 surround sound, only with standard stereo from AVis, MP4s etc.

I am going to try and reproduce to get a log, but I am not confident the log will be able to tell anything.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

XBMC for Mac is not designed with usage under VNC in mind and is unsupported. It seems to have gotten worse under 10.6. VNC does all sorts of funny things to opengl apps that need access to a opengl context. Apples remote desktop works better.
A cool so if I install my, erm, demo copy of remote desktop it might be better.

To clarify I am not 'viewing' the XBMC side of the VNC, I only view the desktop screen, that being said it defaults to both screens initially.