Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote double-presses only after watching movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Weird problem. Every time I finish watching a movie or show, the remote somehow turns extra-sensitive and double clicks everywhere.

Going into the app for the first time, everything is great. Never once have a double-click no matter what happens. When I watch a show, then try to go to another show folder, it skips screens very quickly (for instance, if Folder A had subfolders called Season 1 and Season 2 each containing their own episodes, one click on Folder A would take me right to the first episode of Season 1 rather than allowing me to select a season first). Once I close/re-open XBMC, everything is good again until the next time a movie/show is watched.

I'm running the new Camelot 9.11 final on XP SP2 on an AMD 64 4200 (running in 32-bit) with an ATI X850 series video card (v9.11 Catalyst drivers) at a custom resolution of 1232x688 @ 60hz. Other PC specs: 3GB RAM, Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, Hauppauge 45-button remote sending IR to blaster port of PVR-150 card (configured as usual through irremote.ini). As you can see in the debug log, I also tried setting the remoterepeatdelay to 1900, to no avail.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/f4efcb78c (Note: I highlighted the line where the movie stopped, after which I started navigating to different folders for different shows).

One added note....since I'm running the Hauppauge setup (which essentially simulates keyboard presses), I made sure to select the "remote sends keyboard presses" option in the XBMC settings. One strange behaviour that seems linked to the double-clicks is the action of the "i" button (in my case, mapped to my 'info' button). When the app first opens, and I press 'info' on a show, it retrieves the show's information (as it should). After a movie is watched and the double-clicks start happening, the 'info' behaviour changes. At this point, it will simply select the first show beginning with the letter 'i' and repeated presses simply take me to the next show with the letter 'i'.

It's almost as if watching a movie somehow resets some remote settings, maybe causing the app to ignore my remoterepeatdelay and cause the 'i' button to change from showing information to simply selecting shows beginning with that letter. Again, not sure if they're related, but the two issues always show up hand in hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bash
Do you get the same effect if you press keys on the keyboard?

The line with "DEBUG: SDLKeyboard" show when XBMC receives a keypress, and there does seem to be a rapid repeat, though mainly for key 274.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Do you get the same effect if you press keys on the keyboard?

The line with "DEBUG: SDLKeyboard" show when XBMC receives a keypress, and there does seem to be a rapid repeat, though mainly for key 274.

JR

Good question...I don't currently have a keyboard attached, but I'll dig one up and post results.

A couple questions:
1) How do you translate key 274 into a real key name? I believe it's "enter" but I'm not sure.
2) What exactly is the desired effect when you press "i" on the keyboard? Is it supposed to bring up the information screen, or is it supposed to bring you down to the first show/movie that starts with the letter "i"?
Hi, I have the same problem with Soundgraph VFD and Harmony 880 ... it seems to me that when I use the remote .. i get multiple "enter" or other functions ... I used the keyboard, and I don't have this issue.... furstrating ...
Regards
Well, after extensive troubleshooting, I finally gave up with Hauppauge's IRREMOTE.INI garbage and made the switch to EventGhost. Using EG as the middle man somehow gets rid of the duplicate presses in my case, thus making the XBMC experience much more enjoyable.
I have had this problem as well. I unchecked the remote as keyboard from the setting--->system--> inputs and that helped a lot. What I've noticed is if you just wait 10 sec or so it goes away, but will come back if you use the remote for 30-60 sec continuously. This is not definately a XBMC problem as I get the same skipping in my arcsoft

M