Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Booting from LiveCD, blank screen after selection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just burnt image to cd, and booted.. I get the options, and choose Nvidia GPU (Im using Astock ION), I get the XBMC splash screen for about 30 seconds.. then nothing.. blank screen!!!

ION is connected to HDTV via hdmi....

Any ideasHuh?
Could it be the TV ?

Have you tried connecting it to a monitor with a HDMI->DVI cable and see if the Live version displays correctly ?

Have you tried installing XBMC Live onto the HD or a USB flash drive ?
Its not the tv, as the pc has windows on it, and is working fine..I rebooted to the live cd, chose nvidia gpu, got the splashscreen, then nothing!!

I wanted to test xbmc live, before isntalling it to hd and killing windows, glad I did!!!
My Asrock Ion 330 works just fine with XBMC Live and my Philips HDTV (& also a Panasonic before that) over HDMI no problems of any sort so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

You could temporarily pull the hard drive out of the Asrock that way theres no way the HD with win7 can get wiped then use any spare HD or USB flash drive and install XBMC Live onto it for testing purposes.

There are the windows GPU enabled builds here but its still in development if you want to try those out.
would you be so kind as to share with us what exact model/make your HDMI-equipped TV is?
Try pressing a keyboard button whan blackscreen appears and you will get the failure message.

Search for my threads I reported it 1 week ago.
lol.. Ive tried the LiveCD on 3 systemts now..

On each of them, I choose appropriate install, get the logo for about 40 seconds.. then nothing!!!

Think Ill try burning another image!!
This doesnt work on any of my 3 pcs!!!!

Tried safe mode, and get the following message on one of my systems:

BOOT FAILED
This Debian live image failed to boot
unable to find a medium containing a live file system

I cant believe all 3 of my pcs myst have some sort of strange configHuh?
Could it be the CD-R's your using are a bad batch or a fault within the PC that is burning the image and corrupting the data somehow ?

Try downloading XBMC Live again from another PC and if you have access to another CD writer use it to burn the image with a different brand of CD-R (verbatim brand is usually a safe bet).
Think it was the burning prog I was using.. tried another, with more success.. have opted for hd install...

Thanks
HD install went fine.. but can I get Live CD to work.. NO!!!!!