Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Noob Needs Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Received an APTV for Christmas and it came with XBMC already installed... IN a word "clueless" I have no idea where to begin; I presume I need to set it up on my network so its visible? My internet provider is Verizon; with a password. I have set up the APTV-ITunes part with relative ease.... Now; I would like to explore XBMC and all its offerings. Can someone please give a noob a simple step by step approach to get the XBMC up and running?

Thanks!
64met Wrote:Received an APTV for Christmas and it came with XBMC already installed... IN a word "clueless" I have no idea where to begin; I presume I need to set it up on my network so its visible? My internet provider is Verizon; with a password. I have set up the APTV-ITunes part with relative ease.... Now; I would like to explore XBMC and all its offerings. Can someone please give a noob a simple step by step approach to get the XBMC up and running?

Thanks!

Shameless bump!
What do you actually want to do?
Hi... Basically just get the XBMC to recognize my network... I have spent alot of time today trying to figure this out and just can't get it to work. What I am looking for is a step by step set up guide so my network is recognized and I can begin streaming my files. Thanks!
WHat do you mean recognise your network? Assuming you have plugged in a network cable / setup your wifi you will have a network connection.
Where I get confused is in the XBMC menu-settings.... It asks for alot of internet type stuff: Proxy, server name, etc. Bottom line is: I am not sure what to do within those settings so XBMC will see my network... (and the media files contained within). Hopefully this makes sense. Thxs
Finally! Success.... Sometimes I know just enough to be dangerous. Got it working.... Thxs for your help!