Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem with windows xbmc updater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st off id like to say a big thank you to everyone involved in xbmc as this is by far the best god damn app EVER!
i tried all alphas/beta and rc of camelot and as soon as the final release was made public i had that and did a fresh install from the exe
but im having problems updating it using the updater
it checks what build i have and tells me if there is a new 1 and will even update and tell me its successful however when i start xbmc and check system info it tells me im still running the R26017 DEC 23 build
tonight after running the updater it tells me im running R26307 but still xbmc system info says R26017 DEC 23 build Huh
anyone else had this problem or knows of a fix

many thanks paul
no one else had this problem then?? mmmm very strange
Sorry can't help you. It is working fine for me.
its the same on both pc and laptop and both are running windows 7 ultimate
pc (mine) i installed 9.11 from exe (fresh install)
laptop (mrs) i ran updater as she was still running a babylon svn build
yet both have this problem the updater checks for a update then supposedly updates the build and says all was successful however when you run xbmc and click on system info the build release and date compiled has not changed
and i figured as this was happening on both machines it maybe a common problem but guess i was wrong lol
thnaks for your reply

paul
What updater and how do you run it?

JR
updater is from here

link......

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48517

i extract to a folder then right click on either selfupdate.exe or xbmcupdate.exe then click on run as admin

where does xbmc dump its debug log and also will the log tell me the xbmc build?
iv just uninstalled xbmc and deleted all trace of it off my pc then install 9.11.exe and ran updater before i even ran the new xbmc install and still the same thing
updater tells me its updated successfully yet xbmc system info says its not
i even downloaded the updater again just incase and the same happens
would it matter that while installing i let it install data to c:>users>NAME>app data>roaming
how would i update it with just the zipped update manually is it just a case of over writting the c:>program files>xbmc files?

paul
Same thing here, finds the new update, downloads it and says it installs but doesn't actually update the files. Windows 7 Home Premium running xbmcupdate as Administrator.

I just browse to the download folder and unzip the file from there and copy and paste over the files in the xbmc folder. Nothing odd shows up in the updater log, i.e. no permissions errors or problems calling the zip client etc, although that just might not be logged.

FYI, the download folder is in xbmcupdate/temp and the log is in xbmcupdate/logs.
its mad how there aint many people having this problem the updater worked fine on the babylon build no probs at all
oh well i'll just manually over write the files from the update from now on tis no biggy
chunk1982 Wrote:its mad how there aint many people having this problem the updater worked fine on the babylon build no probs at all
oh well i'll just manually over write the files from the update from now on tis no biggy

I also have this problem. I'm running Windows 7 Professional. Maybe it's an issue that XBMCUpdate has with Windows 7?
I had the same problem in W7. For me the following worked:

1. right click on xbmcupdate.exe
2. properties
3. compatibility
4. and check "Run the program as an administrator"
5. then run the program normally

also in task scheduler (I use it for automatic updates) I also checked the run with higher privileges option.

hope it works for you

George
thanks goeorge for your reply but unfortunately this did not work for me or the mrs laptop.
the updater worked a treat on with babylon its just since camelot