Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 9.11 sluggish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a Core 2 Duo HP notebook with 3GB of RAM and a dedicated NVIDIA GPU.

it plays HD content smoothly with media player , media player classic.

it plays HD content (702p, 1080p) via flash player 10.1 streamed from youtube.

I installed the boxee beta and it plays everything wonderfully both in 720p and 1080p MKV's, CPU utilization is 15% at most parts.

then I wanted to try XBMC and was surprised to see that it took 5-7 seconds to launch, when I browse movies it feels sluggish, when I watch a movie, it plays it well if it is 720p or less..

when I open an 1080p MKV (I tried 5 different) CPU utilization is at 100%

even when 720p content is played, when I try to access the menus it feels so sluggish, like it is having problems dealing with both menus and video playback..

this is such a different experience than I had with boxee that it must be some configuration problem.

I am running windows 7, both boxee and XBMC installed the latest directx web installer, and I have the flash player 10.1 beta..which performs wonderfully.

I tried playing with XBMC configuration , disabling VSYNC, I tried full screen and full screen window... CPU utilization is still maxed out...

what else can I do ?

thanks!
how old of a machine? keep in mind that XBMC does not use any help from the gpu for video decoding, like MPC might. That's why your cpu usage is higher.
1 year old , hp pavillion dv6870

Core 2 Duo and Geforce 8400GS
same here;

im an ~ 50% cpu load (q6600) on w2k8r2 (no comments about "why this os and so on, pls)

it works a bit better, putting the dispay sync to 60 hz , but on action-loaded 1080p-scenes it often comes to wrong AV-syncing (yeah, there is an option to fix that, but that has other probs, too).

any ideas how to fix? shouldnt it work with gpu?