Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding Source = Correct Thumb, Scan into Library = Wrong Thumb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

A quick question if I may. I'm trying my best to use my own poster and fanart images for my movie library but having one small issue.

I have used MetaBrowser to add the following files in each of my movie sub folders:
backdrop.jpg
folder.jpg
mymovies.xml

From a completely empty Library, and no video thumbs cached, and with advancedsettings.xml set to accept backdrop.jpg I added the Root movies folder as a source.

If I leave it at this stage (no content setting or automated scan) and check on the files in the Videos view I see the correct poster in the foreground (from folder.jpg) and the correct fanart (from backdrop.jpg). This is great, but they are not in the full library.

The only way I can see to add the files to the library is to set the content of the source and run an automated scan. The problem being, when I complete
this it replaces all of the carefully chosen posters and backdrops with random ones. This includes changing some portrait style posters to landscape screencaps and not showing any fanart at all for some movies.

Can someone give me a hint as to how I keep my own selection of images when in the library?

Thanks!
Yeah, reading the manual is my first tip Wink
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents_(Video_Library)

When you choose the scraper make sure to adjust it's settings
to not download anything. This way it will use your local art.

You might need to delete your thumbnail cache if you allready have
added some stuff to your library. again the manual.
This was fixed in SVN r26280.
Thanks for the link The-BoxHead, but I think it's broken. I did look up and go through the wiki for content setting here but did not find anything clear when I initially searched through it.

I have just removed all sources and cleared the cache of thumbnails as suggested.

I added the movies source back in and set the scrapper to IMDB as suggested in the wiki, taking it away from the default of themoviedb.org.

The scraper options for IMDB and much greater than the two I see with themoviedb.org.

I have changed the settings in the scraper options and switched everything off (Enable fanart and poster from themoviedb.org, and just in case enable trailers from imdb). I then selected 'Run Automated Scan', 'use folders for names' and 'scan recursively'.

It runs for a few seconds and completes, but the library is still incorrect, again picking random screenshots etc.

I am using 9.11 R26018 from Dec 23 2009

I appreciate your help as I have been going through the wiki pages but can't seem to track down the info.

Cheers
vdrfan Wrote:This was fixed in SVN r26280.

^^
As I reviewed the post I saw your rev info - doh!

Just going through the Mac SVN thread to track down the latest version, but the last post is a few months ago.

Am I out of luck for an update for OSX?

Sorry, and thanks!