Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot play DVD disk (Win7)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot play a retail DVD disk in xbmc. I have automatic detection on. When a DVD in inserted I can also see the DVD in Video files but when I click it to play it says "No disk present". When I try to play it using the play button in the home screen with the Confluence skin, it also gives me a "no disk present, insert disk".
I've tried switching the region code to 2 (europe) but it all doesn't help.

Iso files run fine by the way. Also the ones with a menu.

I'm running version 9.11 Camelot on Windows 7 64bit on a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H780FX with an AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4850E. I use the onboard videocard with 512 MB allocated. 4 GB of DDR2 installed.

debug log is:
http://pastebin.com/f917aebc
I'm sorry for kicking this thread but I really need this to work properly. Right now I think it is a bug somehow.

XBMC just fails to see a DVD in the player. This has already been addressed as an issue in Linux and Windows previously but it was fixed on both occasions.
Due to its origin XBMC is still somehow stuck on using one DVD drive. The win32 version has been modified to at least should show the content of the disc in the video / audio / file tab. Using the play button in the main menu or context menu / play disc works only for the first drive (daemon tools or similar counted in).
From the logfile I see your drive as z: which makes me think some other drives might come before. If this isn't the case point me to the log line where your start the DVD as I can't find it.
Thank you!
I have indeed two drives, one being from daemon tools. I will check and see if fiddling with it works.

Edit: OK, I switched the drive letters and now it works. So XBMC can only use the first DVD drive based on drive letters. I could not find this silly issue anywhere and I have spend hours searching the internet. Maybe it can be added to the online wiki?

Thank you again for helping!
Please feel free to add it to the Windows FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...ecific_FAQ

Every help is appreciated.