Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Playback locking up XBMC on specific files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was hesitant to put "Video freezes/Audio continues" in the title because my issue is different from the one described in many other posts..when my lockup occurs the screen is not white, and I have no access to the video controls. Anyway, here is some info on my computer and also a logfile from a video that doesn't work and one that does work (both same format and from TV show).

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite X205
RAM: 3GB
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
DirectX 10
XBMC Revision: 9.11 Camelot

The problem occurs when I start particular videos (consistently on the same videos when it happens). Sometimes the screen stays at my "Library" where the episodes are listed and the audio begins to play after ~10 seconds. Other times, the screen goes black and the audio plays. In either case, I can do nothing with XBMC except ALT+F4 out of it.

Here are the two log files.

Broken one first:
http://pastebin.com/m2d9ba568

Working file:
http://pastebin.com/m28c49421

I did a little detective work of my own, but have no idea how to fix it. It appears the error in the broken file related to rendering shows up first here. It repeats itself over and over later in the log file.

Code:
19:40:19 T:5928 M:1307582464   DEBUG: created yv12 texture 0
19:40:19 T:5928 M:1306009600   DEBUG: created yv12 texture 1
19:40:19 T:5928 M:1295876096   ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
19:40:19 T:5928 M:1295876096   DEBUG: CGUIInfoManager::SetCurrentMovie

Does anyone have any idea of what I may be running into? Forgive me if this is a dumb post...been lurking around the forums for about a week to see if anyone has had the same issue but didn't see the exact problem so figured I'd make a thread.

Thanks.
Unfortunately the exception is the worth thing which may happen in terms of localization of the problem. It shouldn't happened ofc but somewhere it breaks down XBMC. The best thing would be if you could produce a small sample file which triggers this problem and post it via a trac ticket.