Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] problem with playback in full screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I run xbmc 9.11 on a mac mini 1.42 GHz 512Mb RAM OSX 10.4.11. I have the mini connected to a sony bravia kdl 46W4000 with dvi to HDMI at 720p.

Playback of movies, regular 700Mb divx and that sort of stuff, works fine on VLC in fullscreen and XBMC 9.04 with resolution 1280x720 as a window, not fullscreen.

Ive searched the forum, googled and fiddled with the settings but I just cant get a smooth picture on XBMC 9.11. I get horizontal lines moving downwards during scenes with a lot of movent. Tried to enable vertial sync but no difference. Please have a look at my debug log and see if you can help me Smile

http://pastebin.com/m2f4c414b

BR Joel
Just tried with a DVI to VGA converter and then using the VGA input of the TV instead and I got smooth playback without any problems as far as I could see. So that's good, but I don't want to use an analog signal, I preffer digital... So what could the problem be? Limitations in my hardware? Or the cable? Settings in XBMC? or some other software on the computer?
Anyone?
Weeeell, talking to myself here! Wink

Looked through the log and allthough a lot of the entries say nothing to me, i found this:

#
16:04:54 T:2684415368 M: 45977600 DEBUG: GL: Requested render method: 1
#
16:04:54 T:2684415368 M: 45977600 NOTICE: GL: Shaders support not present, falling back to SW mode

And then loads of the following during playback:

16:04:55 T:2684415368 M: 45912064 DEBUG: ffmpeg[A000ED88]: [swscaler] No accelerated colorspace conversion found.

So from what I can tell it uses sw instead of hw rendering which uses more of my computers resources right? So why is that... I've tried with both render methods and they are both the same. Is there only support for software rendering on the G4 mac mini?
I think you might have to take that G4 to 10.5 to get shader support.
davilla Wrote:I think you might have to take that G4 to 10.5 to get shader support.

No... With the ATI Radeon 9200, you are stuck to software rendering (even with 10.5) :-(
coloroffetters Wrote:So from what I can tell it uses sw instead of hw rendering which uses more of my computers resources right? So why is that... I've tried with both render methods and they are both the same. Is there only support for software rendering on the G4 mac mini?

Personally, I think your best bet is to get out of PPC-land as fast as possible and enter Intel-ville at your first opportunity. Wink
BlackstarBSP Wrote:Personally, I think your best bet is to get out of PPC-land as fast as possible and enter Intel-ville at your first opportunity. Wink

Haha, yeah I know. But it's my old computer, I'm waiting on an update of the mbp's to buy a new one. Thought I'd make some use of it as a media center but as it turns out it's not going that great Wink. Seems unnessecary to
buy a new mac mini to play movies with when I have a ps3 standing next to it, just wish Sony would implement mkv support and a torrent client, but that's never gonna happen Smile
coloroffetters Wrote:Haha, yeah I know. But it's my old computer, I'm waiting on an update of the mbp's to buy a new one. Thought I'd make some use of it as a media center but as it turns out it's not going that great Wink. Seems unnessecary to
buy a new mac mini to play movies with when I have a ps3 standing next to it, just wish Sony would implement mkv support and a torrent client, but that's never gonna happen Smile

Well, the trick there is to sell off the old mini to one who does not care about CPU power and put the funds to a used Intel Mini. A older 1.83 would be perfect. Stick in one of those Crystal HD card's for 20-30 bucks, and you've got a machine that's good to go on full 1080p high bitrate .mkv's