Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wrong curl url on tvdb scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have been trying to fix this problem for a while, but can't figure it out. Hope someone can help.

I'm running Camelot on Ubuntu Karmic Minimal on an ION 330.
System language is set to english. When I add a new episode to a tvshow, XBMC does not find it. The DEBUG log shows that it apparently does get the language, as the system tries to load http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C...1/all/.zip, which doesn't exist, it should be (...)/all/en.zip

Relevant part of my log is here



You set content while tvdb was down. Check the scraper settings again, select the wanted language and give it another try.
Thanks for the reply! I tried, but the problem remains (log errors are similar to the ones above). However, when i completely reload the tvshow in the library, it finds the new episode, while it doesn't when i scan for new episodes. Strange, but the workaround at least keeps me going.
I went on to find a solution for this problem, because te problem remains for all my shows, even after clearing the complete DB and doing a complete rescan. Reloading the complete show finds the new episode, scanning for new content doesn't. Log is similar to the one posted above. I tried editing the scraper, but it didn't work out, probably due to inexperience on my side. Imho this is a problem that needs some attention from a developer. For now, I found a workaround that enables scanning for new content. The solution is not elegant, but it works. Maybe it will help others.

First, luckily, http://www.thetvdb.com also works when approached using its ip,, so I was able to rewrite the url on my local machine.
Im am also running apache and mode_rewrite on my ION330, so I started rerouting traffic to tvdb to my local machine by adding this line to /etc/hosts

Code:       www.thetvdb.com         www.thetvdb.com

Then I configured a VirtualHost in apache for http://www.thetvdb.com. (see google for a manual)

Second, in the webroot of the virtual host, I created an htaccess.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteBase /
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^api\/([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)\/series\/([0-9]+)/all/en.zip$1/series/$2/all/en.zip [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^api\/([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)\/series\/([0-9]+)/all/.zip$1/series/$2/all/en.zip [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$$1 [R=301,L]

This does a small rewrite for the url, so the unfunctional request to


results in a redirect to

Cheers and keep up alle the good work on XBMC!