Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to rescrape all movies in the database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

this might have been asked a hundred times before but I didn't find anything searching the forums.
How can I rescrape all movies that already are in the database? It is possible to do it for a single movie with the "Update" button in the movie-info-window (this will scrape the most recent imdb rating or missing information like actors for movies scraped into the db with an outdated scraper and not noticing it).
But I would like to do that for all my movies so I have an up-to-date database. Deleting the database and building a new one is not an option as this would kill all the watched flags which is the most useful feature of the database for me. Can this be done with a script or is there any other trick to do it?

Thanks in advance,
ForgotMyUsername
I am curious as well. Also, refreshing a movie for the new info makes the movie appear as a new movie which ruins the usefulness of "recently added movies"
Also interested.

Often times I will put a movie in that is so new it does yet have info or is missing art. It bugs me, so every couple days or so I rescan it until eventually, the info is updated. What I would love to see, (in an ideal world) is something like this: if a movie is missing a description or art, it automatically schedules a nightly check until the movie is updated.

I also agree that the watched flag resetting is annoying, plus if you use a skin like confluence that shows the newest movies on the home screen, it puts it back on top.
Actually my watchflags are intact if I go to videos bring the click on set content in the context menu. Change from Movies to none. XBMC now asks if i want to remove the objects from library. Click yes. Then go to set content again and set it to movies again.

This is how i update the library when i have added my movies to "Sets"
I believe I am correct in saying what you are asking for cannot currently be done without some serious messing about with exporting nfo, mass editing them, deleting the dbase and rescanning everything.

I would love to be wrong but I dont think I am
You can export watched flags via script (search this forum) delete db, rescan and import flags.
Might be faster than refreshing every single movie, but I am afraid it's the only method possible today.
I think, that would be a good thread for the "XBMC Feature Suggestions"-forum.
a solution which I think would be quite easy to implement is instead of just rescan the movie-files for changes to rescan also the nfo-files, the posters and the fanarts for changes when updating library. for that, the timestamps of the last updates must be stored in the database for all these files instead of just the timestamp of the movie-files.
to implement that for online-update, I think, it's quite hard unless you don't get the "last-update"-information... else, the whole data must be downloaded and compared which takes the even more time to generate a new library?!
There is nothing difficult about exporting your NFO files...
It's like 2 or 3 clicks and done.
I don't believe it is a simple as you think. You are talking about exporting all your database these guys are talking about only watched status using XBMC export.

Once you go outside XBMC to achieve something thats a whole different ball game to the one being discussed.

However a solution is a solution albeit not a very slick one
Yeah it would be nice if you could select what parts of the database get rescraped... ie have a menu page where you select:
Thumb
Fanart
Info
Rating
etc

and you just check off which categories you want rescraped... although Id rather have all development focused on CrystalHD first Smile
@AnalogKid & @xexe:
Sorry for the confusion. It's not exporting what I am talking about but about updating information for the movies. I just think about updating the movie-information for example in EMBER and then updating these infos automatically in XBMC. For example, when I scrap different posters in EMBER, now I have to manually add it to the each movie. But it would be nice, if XBMC would realize that there was updated something (nfo-file, poster, fanart etc.) and update it in the library too... for that, XBMC must only know, if for example the poster-file in my folder where the movie is stored is newer than this one in the library and update it if it's necessary...
It would be far far far far better if you could just do this in XBMC rather than using any other tool at all.

I have never needed any nfo manager for any reason but thats another debate
there is a "playcount" in nfos dose this tell xbmc the movie is watched?
I believe you are spot on correct.
xexe Wrote:It would be far far far far better if you could just do this in XBMC rather than using any other tool at all.

I have never needed any nfo manager for any reason but thats another debate
yes, that would be even better... but I think that would be a lot more difficult to implement.. but of course I hope, I'm wrong, would be great if everything works without additional software!
Pages: 1 2