Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Post v1.1 skin changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
kai ui is localized now, check dialoghost.xml, dialoginvite.xml and mybuddies.xml for <label> tags and replace them with the string id's. (look at pm skin for reference)

greets

bobbin007
ok, a couple of changes to report on:

first off, label id's 51-54 have been added to musicoverlay.xml - this allows separation of the title, artist, album + year out from the fadecontrol, allowing a 4 line display. let me know if you need more than this and i'll be happy to oblige. this will eventually get merged into the following system:

secondly, two new control types have been added: infolabel and infoimage. both these are identical to label and image, except for the addition of a new <info> tag. this tag refers to the information that should be displayed in the label. at render time, the label/image control then queries the infomanager within xbmc which retreives the appropriate string.

currently, the following <info> tags are supported:

infolabels:

weather.conditions
weather.temperature
system.time
system.date

infoimages:

weather.conditions

they're not case-sensitive, but it keeps it better readable imo if you keep the case as-is. example code is in home.xml in project mayhem.

this allows you to add these controls wherever you like, so information type stuff can be placed anywhere within xbmc - it's up to you guys Smile

obviously more stuff will be coming for you to move. i'll start a new thread (as this one is locked) where you all may post your requests.

cheers,
jonathan
i tried using id 54 and it displayed "xbox media center 1.1.0" ? are the tags correct?

51-53 worked perfect.
the tags look fine to me - the code certainly reads fine as well. the only other thing is that perhaps 54 is used elsewhere which causes a conflict, though i doubt it. this will be sorted out when they're moved into the new infolabel system, anyway - then the id doesn't matter.

cheers,
jonathan
jmarshall:

i have found two mistakes:
infoimage weather. conditions the color does not appear adequately.
infolabel weather. temperature shows the conditions.

to reproduce these mistakes i attach the file home.xml that i have used.

http://www.nightfalltech.com/upload....ome.zip

thank you for your collaboration, he is doing a great work to improve the possibilities of the skins.

leonardo.
yeah - i was informed about the temperature error today - will be fixed this evening.

as for the colour reproduction - check you have the colorkey tag set correctly, as it works fine for me - if i have time, i'll check with your home.xml later tonight.

cheers,
jonathan
hi,

are you planning any major update to the way skins work? if not i have an idea that would allow any control on the home page to have more than one graphic and would work for both types of skins (with scroller or without like the new hdeetv skin). it also fixes a couple things.

i had submitted sample code in the development forum, but i didn't count on skins without a scroller, so i deleted that.

i don't want to post it if you're not interested.

thanks
post a new thread topic with the idea - we're always open to new ideas.

cheers,
jonathan
hi all,

the more observant among you would have noticed some more stuff added to cvs in the past day or two.

first off, the order of rendering has changed. it used to be: window, dialogs, overlays. now it's window, overlays, dialog. this shouldn't really effect that many of you.

there have been some more stuff added to toggle buttons. they're now derived off of normal buttons which means that they inherit things such as alignment, as well as the <execute> tag.

two new built in <execute> commands have been added:

xbmc.reloadskin

and xbmc.playercontrol(xxx).

the first (added by bobbin007) is mostly for you guys to map a key on the remote or controller to, so you can quickly reload the skin once you've uploaded any changes.

the second is actually 6 commands in one. the xxx can be any one of:

play
rewind
forward
next
previous
stop

naturally, these will do the action specified. this allows you to build a rudimentary control panel (in any window you like - see below for more) for our controller users that don't have all of these by default.

the next thing, is there is a new tag added to the togglebuttons: <usealttexture>

this specifies when xbmc should use the alternate texture (selected textures for instance) and when it should use the normal textures. there is currently only 3 usable entries:

player.paused
player.rewinding
player.forwarding

these are boolean switches basically that are controlled by xbmc.

eg a toggle control with:

<usealttexture>player.paused</usealttexture>
<texturefocus>1.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>2.png</texturenofocus>
<alttexturefocus>3.png</alttexturefocus>
<alttexturenofocus>4.png</alttexturenofocus>

will display the 1.png and 2.png textures if there is a video or music file playing. the 3.png and 4.png textures will be shown if the player is paused.

lastly, there has been a new window added: playercontrols.xml

see the pm skin in cvs for an example. it has id 114, and is only displayed when the player is playing something.

it is displayable on all screens, and the suggested keymap.xml file in cvs has the start button mapped to bring it up. it'll popup on all screens other than fullscreenvideo by default (maybe slideshow view as well?).

that's it for now.

as you can see, i'm moving towards a music osd. i want your ideas on this - see the new thread i have started.

cheers,
jonathan
ok,

the visualisation is now handled within a control, allowing you to place it wherever you like.

this means you need to change musicvisualisation.xml to include the vis control (sized at fullscreen) so that it'll still function. i've added "backup" code for it incase you don't do it, but as with all things, when we eventually decide on the right time to up the version number, this will become compulsory, so you mayaswell do it now Smile

the format is simple:

<control>
<type>visualisation</type>
<id>0</id>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>160</width>
<height>160</height>
</control>

as you can see, the id is not an issue. the viz will auto-load at render time, and will go away at render time as well (if the song stops for instance.)

cheers,
jonathan
more stuff:

1. see the post by kraqh3d regarding the music windows. 2 things: id's of nav and top100 views have changed, and albums, genre, artist views no longer exist. furthermore, in the top100 view, the big list has changed id to 52 (rather than 51).

2. <visible> tags can now take a conditional argument for images. current conditions are:

player.hasmedia
player.hasaudio
player.hasvideo
player.paused
player.playing
player.forwarding
player.rewinding
player.forwarding2x
player.rewinding2x
player.forwarding4x
player.rewinding4x
player.forwarding8x
player.rewinding8x
player.forwarding16x
player.rewinding16x
player.forwarding32x
player.rewinding32x
player.canrecord
player.isrecording

each of the above can be prefixed by a ! to mean not.

these only effect images at the moment, but may well be extended to other stuff in due course.

cheers,
jonathan
hi there,

navigation sounds where added.

there are two different ways to use them:

1. there can be a "sounds" folder inside the skin, which contains all the files described below.

2. there can be a folder inside the "sounds" folder in the root directory of xbmc. eg. xbmc\sounds\mysounds, to have other nav sounds then the one provided with a skin.

each of these two possibilities must have the wav files and a file called sounds.xml which defines what sound is played when.

there are action based sounds and window based sounds.
now a description:
Quote:...
<action>
 <description>move left</description>
 <id>1</id>
 <file>cursor.wav</file>
</action>
this defines a sound for an action, the id's are the same as used in the keymap.xml, so on "move left" the file "cursor.wav" will be played. there can be an own section like the above for each action where a sound should be played.

Quote:...
<window>
 <description>music files</description>
 <id>501</id>
 <activate>show.wav</activate>
 <deactivate>close.wav</deactivate>
</window>
this defines sounds for a window, the id is the id of a window. there are two possible sounds to play, one when a window/dialog is activated/shown and one when the window/dialog is deactivated/closed. the above plays the show.wav when the user enters the music files window and plays the close.wav then the user leaves the window. there can be a section for each window where a sound should be played. it is also possible to just play an init sound when leaving <deactivate> blank.

also there can now be a file called start.wav in the xbmc/media, this one is played when xbmc is started.

an example of a complete sounds.xml file can be found in the  project mayhem iii skin in cvs.

greets

bobbin007
Pages: 1 2