Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wrong fanart being selected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
View movie details, click fanart, then select one of the remote fanarts from the list.

And it downloads a completely different one from the thumbnail.....

no debug log as I understand its a "common" problem at the moment and not setup specific.

Any fix?
Sounds like an old, already fixed, issue. Please enable debug logging and pastebin your full log.
Thanks for the speedy response - the support you guys give really is excellent Big Grin

Granted I've not updated from the beta RC1 to Camelot yet - mainly because for playback my setup is working perfectly - and having read about the VPAU problems etc I have been (to date) taking the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach.

I had a lot of problems getting smooth playback with 23.97fps files (as my Bravia does not support 24p). Took two weeks of tweaking XMBC settings, xorg.conf etc to get the correct combination.

Will updating to Camelot fix this issue specifically, or is the fix for this something else? If I do decide to upgrade, what settings etc do I need to back up first, and are there any particular issues I should be aware of?

Running an Nvidia ION Ubuntu based system (custom built not off-the-shelf).
Should be fixed, yes. Upgrading from RC1 should not harm your profile. If unsure just make a backup of the .xbmc directory in your users home.
Excellent thanks Big Grin

My system was initially setup and configured by my brother-in-law who is much more familiar with Linux than me.

Whats the easiest, no-hassle way for me to be doing the upgrade? A quick step-by-step would be great if thats not too much hassle.

P.S - my box is configured to boot straight into XBMC, not run from within a gnome session. Will updating XBMC break any of this config / boot sequence?
No idea, depends on how it was setup in first place Wink I would start by asking your brother-in-law to upgrade it.
vdrfan Wrote:No idea, depends on how it was setup in first place Wink I would start by asking your brother-in-law to upgrade it.

That was going to be my preferred plan I think. Don't want to b0rk it Laugh

Configuring XBMC etc I have no issue with - but more fundamental s/w installs and upgrading under Linux I'm not familiar with at all.

Thx again for your assist.
Note that you'll likely need to refresh the show after you update.