Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library exporting and NFO files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently used the nice Export Library feature to get movie info into Ember without having to redownload info for 300 some odd movies. At the same time, XBMC created .nfo files for each individual TV show in my library, and saved them along side the TV show files on my server.

This isn't really bad, but it clutters up my folder structure quite a bit. I have two questions:

- Is it possible to tell XBMC to store these nfo files in a different directory?
- If so, could I then import that information to a different install of XBMC, assuming that file paths are all the same?
1. No.
2. If you leave them where they are, sure.
It would be nicer if all that 'nfo fanart poster' stuff was in a 'metadata' folder (in a subfolder of the media) but I do appreciate some folks like a huge flat file hierarchy (oxymoron there!)

Anyway, not wishing to really hijack the thread but... it would be REALLY nice if the library export could export the hi-res artwork from the scraper sources, and (even better)... to download ALL the artwork and cache it. I do appreciate fans of TVDB and MovieDB etc might object, I'm just paranoid about the longevity of these sites.