Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Selecting Movie Displays Movie Info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the poster views / cover flow / fan art views of movies that many skins provide, but why can't I set an option that will display the Movie Informtaation when selecting a movie.

I am used to this functionality option in Media Portal (with moving pictures plugin) where you can set an option that selecting a movie will either play it, or display the movie information (where selecting it again will then play it).

I dont want movie information hidden in the context menu.

Do I have any options?
No i don't think there is a way to do that yet without modifying source. But that's a good idea.
But if you use the library, and use a listview that shows the info, its pretty much the same as you are indicating, without having to press the buton.
Yeah I know there are other ways around it, (i.e: listview, or 3 panel view in experience, etc), but I like being able to see -all- of a piece of fan art, unobstructed with a movie info panel, until I want to see it (selecting the movie)

This is one of the features I truly miss from media portal + moving pictures.

Would this be a hard modification? Its basically, when movie selected, perform the "Movie Information" operation from the context menu.
Change the key binding.