Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with Japanese when updated to v2.11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm one of a few Japanese XBMC users. I've been using Transparency! v2.01 with my XBMC which is running on Ubuntu 9.04 box. Really love this skin, thanks ronie.

Today I just updated to v2.11. Japanese characters are not displayed correctly in some part of skin like following screenshots.

Filenames and episode names are fine. And with same string.xml on v2.01 is also working fine.

XBMC Version: PRE-10.5 r26540

Debug log is here.

Please help.
it's a font issue. most likely the default font (Arial) in xbmc doesn't support japanese characters. so i guess you are using a custom font?

if so, you'll also need to copy it to Transparency!/fonts and change the name to arial-caps.ttf
(this font was added in v2.11, hence it's not working for you anymore)
I see! I only copied arial.ttf so I will try to copy arial-caps.ttf too(now having another problem after updated nvidia driver...).

Thanks ronie!
Yeah, it's working again.

As it's displayed, I have my own Japanese string.xml for Transparency!(not fully translated yet). Is there any way to contribute as translator for this great skin?
kyouhei Wrote:As it's displayed, I have my own Japanese string.xml for Transparency!(not fully translated yet). Is there any way to contribute as translator for this great skin?

please do, all language files are here.
i appreciate the offer and glad to see the font issue is solved. :-)