Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding Movies To XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i am new to XBMC can somebody please tell me how i add my movies to the software so that i can just select one and play it.

Thanks A Lot
mitch_johnson Wrote:Hello i am new to XBMC can somebody please tell me how i add my movies to the software so that i can just select one and play it.

Thanks A Lot

Although it's not difficult, there are some steps you need to go through first...

the first of which is read the wiki / manual... http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual

If you don't want to read that... then I can help you a little, but there's a limit to my patience..

1) you need to put your movies in some sensible place on your PC and have them nicely organised and named. Best option is like this:

\Movies\
\Movies\Starwars (1977)
\Movies\Starwars (1977)\Starwars (1977).avi <--- the movie
\Movies\Starwars (1977)\Starwars (1977).tbn <-- actually a jpg of the cover
\Movies\Starwars (1977)\Starwars (1977)-fanart.jpg <--- fanart/wallpaper

Use this technique because it will help XBMC to find all the info for the film 'Starwars' (and the year will help)

2) you need to launch xbmc and create a new 'source' (this is a source of media (tv, music, pictures or movies). Do this by choosing 'add new source' in the movie view... and make it point to your movies folder

3) Next you need to tell XBMC that the new source contains Movies (as opposed to music or TV shows etc). Do this by setting the content type for the source to Movies.... you will also have to help XBMC know which scrapers to user (choose TheMovieDB). And tell it that it should scan recursively and to use foldernames for the lookup

4) Click 'scan for new media'

Voila, you should now have added your movies.
Thanks Analog Kid,

One more question can you suggest any good dvd ripping software for mac