Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: upnp client: sort order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using xbmc (os-x) basically as an excellent upnp-client with twonky-mediaserver.

Unfortunately, xbmc overrides the server's sort-order (in my case "order by trackid") ending up with a track-list sorted either by name, date, or filename (which is an arbritary decorated uri in upnp-land, commonly not starting with the track index).

Is there any way to switch off tracklist-/ navigationtree-sorting and keep the "natural" order as provided by the upnp-server?

If not, does the community have any official means to suggest features or submit patches?
Not currently, no. The directory class can provide allowed sort methods if it wishes to - see CFileItemList::AddSortMethod or thereabouts.

And patches are always welcome - http://trac.xbmc.org

Cheers,
Jonathan
Jonathan,
thanks for the hints: A quick workaround would be, to make the upnp-browser evaluate the track-id and have the tracklist ([%N.] %T) sorted by name then. As of current, plt-mediabrowser doesn't query property upnp: originalTrackNumber (same for a couple of other tags) resulting in an empty trackid-property (%N).

This would mean patching PlatinumLib @ PLT_SyncMediaBrowser::BrowseSync.
Do you believe, this a valid approach - sofar it works fine here without noticeable side-effects (WIN & OS-X)?
-umgfoin
I dunno - I suggest you create a FR trac ticket and cc c0diq and elupus.

Cheers,
Jonathan
umgfoin Wrote:I'm using xbmc (os-x) basically as an excellent upnp-client with twonky-mediaserver.

Unfortunately, xbmc overrides the server's sort-order (in my case "order by trackid") ending up with a track-list sorted either by name, date, or filename (which is an arbritary decorated uri in upnp-land, commonly not starting with the track index).
I also have seen this. Using Camelot 9.11 on ATV 3.0.1 with Launcher 3.2.2. As it happens I am also using Twonky Media Server for UPnP.

As far as I can tell, UPnP served and listed tracks in the correct track number order when streaming from Twonky to XBMC Babylon (9.04) but this broke with Camelot. I was without my ATV for a few months, so I don't know where the functionality broke during the transition.

I can't pretend that I understand much of the above thread regarding the detail of what is going wrong, so can I ask, is this something that is likely to be fixed? Or is it something to live with and try to find some other work-around for, perhaps using the Library mode.
S80_UK Wrote:I can't pretend that I understand much of the above thread regarding the detail of what is going wrong, so can I ask, is this something that is likely to be fixed? Or is it something to live with and try to find some other work-around for, perhaps using the Library mode.
This basically happend, because track-id was not correctly queried from the upnp-metainfo, thus it was not possible to sort the tracklist by this criteria.

The problem is fixed with changeset 26763 (available through svn) which is exspected to be released with milestone 10.05.
umgfoin Wrote:This basically happend, because track-id was not correctly queried from the upnp-metainfo, thus it was not possible to sort the tracklist by this criteria.

The problem is fixed with changeset 26763 (available through svn) which is exspected to be released with milestone 10.05.
Cool! Thanks for the explanation (after 33 years with computers I am still learning stuff...) and also thanks for the info on when this may appear. I shall look at the SVN builds.

Much appreciated.

Les.