Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skins and how to install them...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello peeps, I know I have been bugging you alot lol. But I swear this is the last thing. I know it has something to do with SSH but the only SSH I am familiar with is the iphones SSH method. Now my Acer Revo is connected through ethernet and iirc SSH only works on wireless (probably wrong there). So how would I be able to transfer skins to my skins folder on xbmc live?

I would also like to know how to delete a folder before I transfer the Rapier Skin as I installed the one on the SVN repo and its an older version, I would rather copy it as a new skin instead of overwrite which might cause some problems. Thanks in advance folks!
mobious Wrote:Hello peeps, I know I have been bugging you alot lol. But I swear this is the last thing. I know it has something to do with SSH but the only SSH I am familiar with is the iphones SSH method. Now my Acer Revo is connected through ethernet and iirc SSH only works on wireless (probably wrong there). So how would I be able to transfer skins to my skins folder on xbmc live?

Do you have SMB, or AFP sharing? If so, transfer skin to your home DIR using network instead of ssh.

Go to terminal and type:

sudo apt-get install mc

then type:

mc

This will fire-up MC (Midnight commander) and you can then copy it/move it to skin folder from there Wink
I don't have any form of sharing turned on, is there any way to just plug in my USB and transfer the files or folder through some command?
mobious Wrote:I don't have any form of sharing turned on, is there any way to just plug in my USB and transfer the files or folder through some command?

a) then plug in your USB and do it in MC, as I wrote above.

or

b) plug in your USB and do it in XBMC file manager.
Or use WinScp? already did it and created a short guide for others to see. Thanks for the help though, if I knew it was this easy to SSH into it I wouldn't have wanted to move it with USB anyways Big Grin
mobious Wrote:Or use WinScp? already did it and created a short guide for others to see. Thanks for the help though, if I knew it was this easy to SSH into it I wouldn't have wanted to move it with USB anyways Big Grin

You had problems with ssh in first post and now you're writing guides? ccc..
You can also FTP the skin over (I assume your running XBMC Live).

You can follow this guide for FTP access in windows plus enable SMB file sharing if you prefer to copy skins over that way.

Edit: Well I see you got it sorted then.
pecinko Wrote:You had problems with ssh in first post and now you're writing guides? ccc..

Lol its cause I thought it only worked through wireless, it did with my iphone atleast Tongue In other words I couldn't ssh into the sucker if I didn't have a pc connected through wireless aswell. And now I am writing guides, yay me? Tongue
mobious Wrote:Lol its cause I thought it only worked through wireless, it did with my iphone atleast Tongue In other words I couldn't ssh into the sucker if I didn't have a pc connected through wireless aswell. And now I am writing guides, yay me? Tongue

Glad it worked finaly Smile
pecinko Wrote:Glad it worked finaly Smile
Thanks buddy Big Grin
pecinko Wrote:sudo apt-get install mc

then type:

mc

This will fire-up MC (Midnight commander) and you can then copy it/move it to skin folder from there Wink

This wont fire up anything since they took the MC away from XBMC Live Koala, this sucks really :mad: