Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Musics::LyricsView
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

when playing music, one can choose between different views, such as List, BigList, etc. which is very nice. Would it be possible to configure an additional LyricsView, i.e. one that displays the Lyrics of the song being played in a separate pane, perhaps with configurable pane layout?

I would wish to provide the lyrics for every song filename.flac as file filename.lrc, as I made the experience that scraping the lyrics on demand using scripts (CU lyrics, etc) is not convenient due to the fact hat one has to walk up and down the menu tree, and in addition does not alway succeed, in particular with French songs.

BTW: for one song, I created a .lrc file in conjunction with the song with the same base name, enabled Karaoke, but I did not see anything being displayed.

Any thoughts?
peter
Hello,
can somebody point out where in the code I would have to add support for a new Music View with a new pane that displays lyrics kept in a file songname.lrc for songname.flac|mp3, provided they are in the same directory?
peter
Such a view would be a great idea!

I suggested in a previous post (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post453887) a pane similar to the one available for foobar with lrc support as well as a pretty good potential site for getting lrc's automatically.

I would imagine something like the standard confluence view with its visualization, but somewhere a panel (maybe with configurable position and transparency) with the scrolling lyrics, which are automatically loaded from a predefined file system location -- or if there is none -- via a scraper (which then can be saved on the local file system automatically).

The current CU Lyrics etc. are all great, but you really notice that they are not integrated into the GUI. Just the opening, closing and manually scrolling can be quite cumbersome.
Hello,
that's exactly my point, the current mechanism is cumbersome and displaying lyrics should be an integral part when you are playing songs, whether it is in the Music Tree View, or in the main screen. The question is how can it be achieved. I would be prepared to do some programming, but would need some guidance on where to start. Anybody from the developers listening?
peter
Shinzilord Wrote:Such a view would be a great idea!

Finally I succeeded in writing a GUIDialogLyrics and its associated DialogLyrics.xml for both the Confluence and the PM skins. For those interested a patch is available on http://www.wurmsdobler.org/files/lyrics.patch . If you checkout svn revision 27165, apply the patch and recompile, it should work.

The way it is intended to be used is that you have already lyrics as $PATH/$SONG.txt for a $PATH/SONG.mp3 (or any other format). (I have downloaded many lyrics using a script derived from CU Lyrics, http://www.wurmsdobler.org/files/getlyrics.py). When the song is playing, then I press 'l' in the MusicFileView and a dialog appears with the lyrics.

Good luck,
peter